Honored Contributor

I purchased a Breezies bra that has wide straps and I must admit that they are super comfortable.  The straps do not dig into your shoulders. It is slightly padded too.   Breezies should make all their bras with these wide straps.  Anyone else experience the wide strap?    Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I wear Cacique bras and they have wide padded straps. Very comfortable.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1    In April I ordered six bras for a gift for my cousin who loves Genie Bras. They had a style I had never seen which was lacy and petty. If I ordered six, the price was $36/$6 per bra rather than the price for one of $19.99. I ordered three in the Nude color and three in Black. Once they came, they were so pretty I decided to keep one of each color. She still got four and was overjoyed. The bonus about this bra is it also has wide straps. Pretty, practical, and pads. What more could I want?

"And suddenly you just know it's time to start something new
And trust the magic of Beginnings..."
Respected Contributor

@Tique wrote:

@Katcat1    In April I ordered six bras for a gift for my cousin who loves Genie Bras. They had a style I had never seen which was lacy and petty. If I ordered six, the price was $36/$6 per bra rather than the price for one of $19.99. I ordered three in the Nude color and three in Black. Once they came, they were so pretty I decided to keep one of each color. She still got four and was overjoyed. The bonus about this bra is it also has wide straps. Pretty, practical, and pads. What more could I want?

@Tique

Is this a bra that you have to step into or put on over your head?

I have always had small shoulders and trouble keeping my bra straps up. But I broke my collar bone 3 months ago and now my shoulder rolls forward and cannot keep a bra strap up at all. I have been buying the Walmart Just my Size that you pyll on over the head but this one is really pretty.

Honored Contributor

@froggy wrote:

@Tique

Is this a bra that you have to step into or put on over your head?

I have always had small shoulders and trouble keeping my bra straps up. But I broke my collar bone 3 months ago and now my shoulder rolls forward and cannot keep a bra strap up at all. I have been buying the Walmart Just my Size that you pyll on over the head but this one is really pretty.

@froggy    I usually step into mine but after I read your question, I did pull one on over my head.

Oops. Forgot to say I'm sorry to hear about your collar bone. Please be careful and take care of yourself.

"And suddenly you just know it's time to start something new
And trust the magic of Beginnings..."
Honored Contributor

I don't like wide bra straps. 

I have wide shoulders and sort of an narrow indentation between collar bone and shoulder bone ... and wide straps end up rolling up in the indentation and become terribly uncomfortable.

One thing about bra straps that irritates me no end ... the genius who decided to put the adjustment slides on the back of the straps rather than the front.

I only wear wireless t-shirt bras and finally found a source for front strap adjustment bras!  Tossed all the others.

Honored Contributor

@Tique  That is a pretty bra you purchased.  Yes, there is something abouy a wide bra strap w/padding.  It should be done all the time for comfort factor.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor
I don’t like wide straps so I’m glad they’re not on every bra. It’s good to have choices.
Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I have wide shoulders and sort of an narrow indentation between collar bone and shoulder bone ... and wide straps end up rolling up in the indentation and become terribly uncomfortable.

One thing about bra straps that irritates me no end ... the genius who decided to put the adjustment slides on the back of the straps rather than the front.

I only wear wireless t-shirt bras and finally found a source for front strap adjustment bras!  Tossed all the others.

@ALRATIBA, I've read that the reason they are traditionally put in the back is the little bump that they make is less undesirable there tha in front.

I currently have me right arm in a cast, so I have hooked all my bras and just pull them up. It's so easy that I think I'll continue to do that after my cast is removed.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@ALRATIBA, I've read that the reason they are traditionally put in the back is the little bump that they make is less undesirable there tha in front.

I currently have me right arm in a cast, so I have hooked all my bras and just pull them up. It's so easy that I think I'll continue to do that after my cast is removed.

@suzyQ3

I don't mean the bra closure - no problem with that in the back.  

I'm talking about the strap adjustment where you lenghten or shorten the straps to fit.

I won't buy any bras that the adjustment for the straps is in the back.