Valued Contributor
I ordered the Oxblood loafers, and the Mary Janes in wine, A91006. I think they will go with so much. The loafers remind me of those tasseled kilte loafers I always wanted but never had or couldn't wear in high school.
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the walk down memory lane.  As a teen of the '60's, my friends and I all wore Bass Weejun penny loafers and the sunjun thong sandals.  My dear dad would have 2 shiny new pennies for me to put into my loafers.  We wore ours with bobby sox...remember those???   We also had bags by Etienne Aigner.  Back then, things were well contructed and didn't wear out or lose their shape.  Not so in today's world where everything is disposable.

Does anybody remember a leather goods store called Fred Braun?  I was born and raised in New York City and his store was down in the Village.  The shop was a hole in the wall but his leather bags were wonderful. I had a drawstring bag and would love to get another but can't seem to find them.  I'm sure they are out of business by now.  I'm not sure if he was only in New York City or if he opened shops anyplace else.  I remember going 'down the Village,' as we use to say.  There was so much to do and see...some things were not meant for a young girl's eyes, if you get my drift.  Oh!  The good old days.  Thanks for the memories.  docsgirl

Honored Contributor

My shoes arrived yesterday- look a lot like Bass shoes except the bottoms are the Clarks style and they are way more comfortable right out of the box. I remember many sore feet trying to break in those bass shoes by wearing them to school the first day.