Honored Contributor

Clarks has added oxblood color to their tassel loafers.A236937.My girlfriend and I both ordered as soon as we saw them! When we were in high school in the 60s all we wore all winter were oxblood Bass Weegans. In the summer we wore Bass thong sandals.These are a real nostalgia item for us, and I'm sure many other boomers too.I couldn't wait to call and tell her when they came on.

Honored Contributor

These loafers are really cute. I had them in my cart over the weekend, but picked up the OTO and a pair of Bingos instead. I may have to pick these up, too. I prefer black, though. Smiley Happy

Glad you found a shoe that brings you some happy memories. I love things like that. 

Valued Contributor
Is oxblood what QVC calls burgundy? I have these in navy and love them.
Regular Contributor

Just an FYI to the original poster - You can still get the original Bass weejuns on the GH Bass website. I don't know if they are as soft as Clarks, but I remember from high school in the 80's that they wore like iron! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@acim wrote:

Just an FYI to the original poster - You can still get the original Bass weejuns on the GH Bass website. I don't know if they are as soft as Clarks, but I remember from high school in the 80's that they wore like iron! Smiley Happy

Yes they did wear well, but I prefer the comfort of the Clarks. They sell the Bass Weegans on HSN as a matter of fact, but not in my size.

Honored Contributor

I have them in navy and brown and soon will have the oxblood.  They are soooooo comfortable.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

Clarks has added oxblood color to their tassel loafers.A236937.My girlfriend and I both ordered as soon as we saw them! When we were in high school in the 60s all we wore all winter were oxblood Bass Weegans. In the summer we wore Bass thong sandals.These are a real nostalgia item for us, and I'm sure many other boomers too.I couldn't wait to call and tell her when they came on.

I have seen you refer to Bass Weegans before.  Is this a regional name for Bass Weejuns?

I too am a child of the 1960's but it was well into the latter 1970's before I remember Bass Sunjuns.  The cordovan/oxblood thong sandals we wore in college were John Romain. (we also carried JR handbags)

Valued Contributor
I adolesced in the 80s but also loved my sunjun sandals and thongs. The newer "revivals" were just not the same and the leather cut into the tops of my feet.
Honored Contributor

I saw the shoes your ordered (very nice)  and Bass still sells their shoes online and has stores throughout the U.S.  Check it out.:

Spoiler

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

We ALL carried Etienne Aigner oxblood color purses in high school. You just absolutely had to have one. My Mom said if she paid that much for me to have a designer purse I had to carry it all the way through school. Not only did I use that purse, and only that purse, for 4 years - I still have it and occasionally carry it. I'll probably carry it more now that I got the oxblood color shoes.