Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat 7/11

@Favorite Son wrote:

I have these Skimmies.  I wear them over another undergarment because I don't like polyester next to my skin.  But they are great for a little extra insulation under a skirt or for very mild smoothing under a sweater dress.

@Favorite Son

Wow- that's extra modest (and eliminates the "chub rub", LOL).

Esteemed Contributor

Caps, sorry to hear about your dog's injury.  Glad things are getting better.  I'm with you as I used to watch a lot of QVC & I loved buying Denim & Co. & SS.  Now I watch very little & it all looks alike to me.

FS,   I love the smell of bacon but probably not on my clothes either.  Yesterday I was on my moped & drove by a local restaurant & OHHH the smell of bacon was wonderful.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@house_cat wrote:

Am I the only one having this problem - I post something and it bumps me back to a blank screen?

@house_cat

Nope- it's one of the new and improved features.  Cat Wink

Grrrrr...

~ house cat ~
Trusted Contributor

They could be twins...I bumped into a lady in Petsmart with her Goldendoodle and we commented on how similar our doggies were.  And they loved each other...it was really sweet!

Respected Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

See these Jockey skimmies?  While watching "Suits" I noticed that all of the women's tushies were "hiked up" and their skirts hugged their back areas.  Watch some TV and you will see this...

What are they wearing to hold their tushies up so far? lol

It is a combination of a toned tushy and a too tight skirt.  Along with the absence of a slip, which would prevent the rideup.  I'm not a fan of the look.

Honored Contributor

@house_cat  blank screen/hearts/all of the set-up is designed to slow things down-- my opinion only.  

@Bird mama  The KonMari method... I now ask myself..."Is this bringing me joy?"  If not, I'm getting rid of it... I will THANK the item first!!

@capatosta  I am so sorry about doggie's paww!  awwww!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

@twinny70 wrote:

Caps, sorry to hear about your dog's injury.  Glad things are getting better.  I'm with you as I used to watch a lot of QVC & I loved buying Denim & Co. & SS.  Now I watch very little & it all looks alike to me.

FS,   I love the smell of bacon but probably not on my clothes either.  Yesterday I was on my moped & drove by a local restaurant & OHHH the smell of bacon was wonderful.

Twinny, it was absolutely horrible.  I really did smell like meat fat or oil or something all day.  Thank goodness I was wearing a cotton sweater dress.  It immediately went into the wash when I got home.

I kept my office door shut all day, too.

Trusted Contributor

Hi House Cat...you are my hero to rise so early just to spend time with us.  I was marveling that so many fun women all found each other here on a fashion forum....by chance or by something in the cosmos. HMMMM?????

Honored Contributor

@Favorite Son  it looked to me like these women were wearing some type of armor to hold their bottoms up that high.  Not a fan of this look, either.  Just was kind of shocking to me.  One of the women was the boss, Jessica and she is more mature, even!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@Goldenmoher wrote:
@Lola, I read your whole thread . You are an amazing friend as well as a great writer! I am always leery when I have to leave my pets in someone else's' care. I would be less concerned (but unhappy) about the house/plants, but take care of the animals! I had to leave mine for 3 + months and made sure only a trusted family was staying with them. Your story was a great read though!

@Goldenmoher

I feel like I have filmed an entire season of a reality show.  Now, to get the text + photo of some dude mowing the lawn, I think to myself - this is UNREAL.  He never got back to me yesterday and then just showed up this a.m.  I would not have been there to let him in, and unclear if the roommate would have answered the door to open the back gate.  And, of course, if the cat were still under the shed, nothing like two strange men with big machines to get you up and moving!  He might have run outside the yard and really have been lost.  Hopefully the friend/DH will get over the sticker shock of having to pay someone to cut the grass and edge it, and won't be mad at me for doing this.

I did ask BF to text the Spanish speaking dude and make sure that he is NOT coming over at noon.  I can see that happening and getting charged for his time.