Honored Contributor

@Snicks1 wrote:
@lolakimono,
'custom candy', what is that?

@Snicks1

Well, here is my idea (I'll try to be brief).  I have to sell myself as the "why you should hire me" type of presentation, and I have to do it in 5 minutes.  My guess is that they are bringing in at least 3 candidates, although it might be more.  I'm not sure where I am in the lineup, but I need to be memorable.  There are usually only two of these positions in each content area, so it could be another 30 years before this type of job opens up.

It's all about technology, and training teachers.  This would be going to schools (among other places) and teaching/training teachers/staff how to use different technologies.  So, if you know about Pinterest, and pins, my idea is that as teachers, sometimes we are shown lots of cool things that we could do, and we have to "pin" them away until we find time or the place in the curriculum where it would fit.  I'm going to buy Tic Tacs, and make labels to cover them with a label that reads "Tech Tacs", like a tech bulletin board, and put my name/e-mail on the labels so that I am memorable and hopefully the sugar keeps them awake.  Tic Tacs are pretty generic, so I shouldn't have to worry about allergies, and they're sealed so I don't have safety concerns about passing them out.

One of the thing that makes a presenter interesting is sugar- especially in the early a.m. (think H.S.) or after having taught all day or on an all day PD event.  

Honored Contributor

Re: A.M. Style Live Chat 7/11

See these Jockey skimmies?  While watching "Suits" I noticed that all of the women's tushies were "hiked up" and their skirts hugged their back areas.  Watch some TV and you will see this...

What are they wearing to hold their tushies up so far? lol

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

birdmama wrote:

Hi HouseCat - when that vest first came out, I wanted it so bad.  Now, it doesn't even make an impact :-)

It's a nice vest, bird, but geez.. my calendar says it's still early July.  

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have these Skimmies.  I wear them over another undergarment because I don't like polyester next to my skin.  But they are great for a little extra insulation under a skirt or for very mild smoothing under a sweater dress.

Esteemed Contributor

@capatosta
Yes, that little doll is my puppy, a three-year-old Goldendoodle. And the happiest dog ever. And doesn't shed, yay! I'm sure you can relate to that with Daisy.
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

Am I the only one having this problem - I post something and it bumps me back to a blank screen?

@house_cat

Nope- it's one of the new and improved features.  Cat Wink

Honored Contributor

@Favorite Son wrote:

I just checked out the Huffington Post article about that.  Looks interesting.  I've been sloooowly getting rid of things for about two years.  I recently have stumbled into a frame of mind where I think I could get rid of just about everything, but other chores prevent me from acting on that new mindset.

Favorite Son - a couple of weeks ago, another forum friend suggested learning more about it.  I read enough excerpts and articles to get the gist of it.

It makes sense to me - be surrounded by things that give you joy.  It doesn't mean you can't have things - just surround yourself with absolute favorites.

The Salvation Army received many pieces of sterling silver jewelry that weekend, from generic QVC, to artisan crafted to a Carolyn Pollack piece.

I don't have the time or patience to learn Ebay.  Since I don't belong to a parish and don't tithe, I give to Salvation Army.  Hopefully they'll make money to help folks in my Community.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor
Bird, are you referring to The life changing magic of tidying up? By Marie Kondo? I have the book. I'm reading it for the second time. It has made an impact in my life.
Trusted Contributor

Skyhooks? Fashion tape? Duct tape in appropriate hues? I need it whatever it is!

Super Contributor

@Lola, I read your whole thread . You are an amazing friend as well as a great writer! I am always leery when I have to leave my pets in someone else's' care. I would be less concerned (but unhappy) about the house/plants, but take care of the animals! I had to leave mine for 3 + months and made sure only a trusted family was staying with them. Your story was a great read though!