Honored Contributor

A LOT TO SPEND TO WATCH TV

[ Edited ]

Amy's selling a blouse Side Stitch for $85 + tax & shipping. Add that to the pricey joggers she's wearing with it? That's a $215 outfit! I didn't spend that much for the dress I wore  to my son's wedding. 

Honored Contributor

Re: A LOT TO SPEND TO WATCH TV

[ Edited ]

Why are people constantly harping on the prices of stuff?  I understand something being too expensive for you.  There are things I won't spend my money on either.  If it's too much for you, doesn't fit your budget, isn't a good use of your money, don't buy it.  Everyone isn't in the same boat.

Some people have jobs that would allow them to wear these items to their place of employment.

I've said before that I personally wouldn't spend $5.00 on a pair of joggers because I don't like them.  

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Why are people constantly harping on the prices of stuff?  I understand something being too expensive for you.  There are things I won't spend my money on either.  If it's too much for you, doesn't fit your budget, isn't a good use of your money, don't buy it.  Everyone isn't in the same boat.

Some people have jobs that would allow them to wear these items to their place of employment.

I've said before that I personally wouldn't spend $5.00 on a pair of joggers because I don't like them.  

@Lipstickdiva  I'm not knocking people who can afford or purchase these items. I'm aghast that Q's prices/brands/focus has changed so much. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Lipstickdiva  I'm not knocking people who can afford or purchase these items. I'm aghast that Q's prices/brands/focus has changed so much. 

I am glad that QVC is bringing in different brands at different price points.  I like the up to  date fashions.  D&C& SG are getting stale.  I have a few pieces of Side Stitch and wear them alot.

Honored Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I am glad that QVC is bringing in different brands at different price points.  I like the up to  date fashions.  D&C& SG are getting stale.  I have a few pieces of Side Stitch and wear them alot.

@Pecky   I have Side Stitch chambray and white shirts that I purchased here several years ago. The price I paid was not Q's price.

Respected Contributor

Too expensive for me, for leisure wear.  But, the fabrication looks luxuriously comfy.

Maybe a birthday gift to self? No wait, I still have Barefoot Dreams on that list, that I haven't tried yet, either Woman Wink.   

Honored Contributor

I have always thought someone must be buying what other's think is expensive or else QVC wouldn't be selling them.

That's the beauty of America.  There's something for everyone.  Just because some might not want (or be able to) spend $300 for a Dooney purse, there are others who think it's something they want and can afford (# easy pay).

I wouldn't pay that for a top but I defend other's right to see it and weigh if they want it.

I ordered and tried them on and (with my life-style) it didn't make sense, but I have to admit, the material feels first class.

I've watched and read posts enough here to see there are professionals who's work requires dressing appropriately.  I also think there are people who aren't on these boards but do purchase clothes from QVC.

I assume they are some of the people who enjoy buying from QVC.  No one I know buys clothes from QVC but they do order all of their clothes on line.

My granddaughters just bought their prom dresses on line.  I was there when they arrived.  They fit perfectly and look amazing.

My 39 year old daughter buys clothes from a company that sends her clothes they (and she) thinks she might like.  If she likes them and they fit, she keeps them.  If she doesn't like or want them, she sends them back (free shipping).

Again, that's what makes America so wonderful.  People from all 'walks of life' can buy what they want, where they want and when they want....and however they want.

I don't wear Logo.  But there are people who do.  If I don't want to look at those clothes, I just change the channel.  That gives people who wear Logo a chance to see a variety.  I'm glad QVC sells Logo for those who like it.

I mentioned Logo because last Fall I received a QVC package, tore it open and it was a Logo top (size small).

The minute I took it out of the package and saw how small it was I knew it wasn't mine.

Then I looked at the label.  It was addressed to someone about 2 or so miles from me.

I looked up the lady's number and called her.  She said she'd appreciate it if I'd bring it to her (I'd offered).

I went to her house and when I saw how cute and petite she was I knew immediately she would look so cute in the Logo outfit.

It's just me.  I'm a size XL and 1X.  I just don't think I look good in Logo.  It's all about what we individually like on ourselves.

My point is this lovely sweet lady has a right to be able to order her Logo even if I don't like them.

Honored Contributor

What you wouldn't spend your money on other people will.  What is the use of continually harping on what QVC sells and what they charge? 

Honored Contributor

Another thing that makes America great is our freedom to question whether or not an item is worth the price. I don't understand why some get defensive about  their choices. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Another thing that makes America great is our freedom to question whether or not an item is worth the price. I don't understand why some get defensive about  their choices. 

@QVCkitty1   It's just a discussion with varied opinions.