Honored Contributor

Re: A LOT TO SPEND TO WATCH TV

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

Amy's selling a blouse Side Stitch for $85 + tax & shipping. Add that to the pricey joggers she's wearing with it? That's a $215 outfit! I didn't spend that much for the dress I wore  to my son's wedding. 

@Shanus , there is a movement now where young women have fewer clothes but they curate their wardrobes to only own a few pieces that they wear often. Quite a few minimalists wear expensive clothing but they aren't into quantity. I see it often on YouTube. Personally, I like the mindset and I prefer to only own clothing I love. The price point isn't the only criteria I use when I buy clothing. For example, I would prefer paying top dollar for a camel hair coat, wear it for years than buy a bargain only to toss it after one season...

@Trinity11   Yes, I've described in other posts that I purchase my clothes that way. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

Amy's selling a blouse Side Stitch for $85 + tax & shipping. Add that to the pricey joggers she's wearing with it? That's a $215 outfit! I didn't spend that much for the dress I wore  to my son's wedding. 

@Shanus , there is a movement now where young women have fewer clothes but they curate their wardrobes to only own a few pieces that they wear often. Quite a few minimalists wear expensive clothing but they aren't into quantity. I see it often on YouTube. Personally, I like the mindset and I prefer to only own clothing I love. The price point isn't the only criteria I use when I buy clothing. For example, I would prefer paying top dollar for a camel hair coat, wear it for years than buy a bargain only to toss it after one season...

@Trinity11   Yes, I've described in other posts that I purchase my clothes that way. 

@Shanus...I think I was remembering the photos you posted of your closet a year or two ago. You seemed to have so many clothes that I was unaware that you had adapted a minimalist approach to fashion.....

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus...I think I was remembering the photos you posted of your closet a year or two ago. You seemed to have so many clothes that I was unaware that you had adapted a minimalist approach to fashion.....

@Trinity11   Such a good memory. I assume you also remember my posts about decluttering. I talked about buying key pieces of the best quality I could afford and only adding/keeping my neutral pieces that made outfits and dressing much easier. I also posted how I turned the hangers backwards every time I wore something and at the end of each season, clothing on unturned hangers were donated or sold. Shoes/bags/folded garments that were not worn often were moved to bottom shelves to also be donated. I'm not as much of a minimalist as a very educated shopper. I've kept and only purchase basic blazers and coats, dress slacks, cashmere sweaters, tees and good quality jeans in my color palette. Everything bought on impulse, cheaply made or inexpensive fabrics that I didn't enjoy wearing...out. Nothing enters my closet now that isn't on a posted list of NEEDS. 

Like most women, I did this in several different categories...workout clothing, casual clothes/ every day  choices and my dressier pieces for weekend nights. With a neutral palette, of course I can take jeans from casual, add a black blazer from another category, sweater from another and add accessories to complete many outfits. Everything is solid except for my leopard accessories. Boring to some, but has always served me well. 

I hope this has covered your curiosity. Have a nice day and stay healthy.

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

ez pay Shanus, ezpay  :-)

@jackthebear I know many see easy pay as a plus, but for me, it's not only an easy way to run up the balance on a charge card, but also purchase things that have too high a price if I had to pay for it at one time.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@jackthebear I know many see easy pay as a plus, but for me, it's not only an easy way to run up the balance on a charge card, but also purchase things that have too high a price if I had to pay for it at one time.

totally, and I was kind of kidding, that you/I would use it.

Q uses and pushes it as a way to buy stuff that might be more than the shopper  can afford, kwim 

Side Stitch is actually nice clothing, but I am strictly a sale shopper.  so I wait for a markdown every time.

Honored Contributor

@Jtdmum wrote:

@Shanus I have 3 sidestitch shirts.  Picked them up on sale at boutiques end of season sale. 

I would pay full price.  They are that nice.  Fabric hangs perfect, fit (for me) is great.  Not too warm or cool.  Launder beautifully.  Classic styles, will wear them forever. 

I won't speak to the pants, I'm not sure if i care for the style, but I'll vouch for the blouses every time!

@Jtdmum   I have those shirts, too, white and chambray...also on sale. Love the blouses and do wear them often over the years. Agree about the joggers.

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

totally, and I was kind of kidding, that you/I would use it.

Q uses and pushes it as a way to buy stuff that might be more than the shopper  can afford, kwim 

Side Stitch is actually nice clothing, but I am strictly a sale shopper.  so I wait for a markdown every time.

@jackthebear   ....and no Q Card either.