Esteemed Contributor

Re: A LOT TO SPEND TO WATCH TV

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva  I don't think Shanus or anyone is constantly harping on prices. They just give their opinion.  You gave yours and that's fine. But "constantly harping"?  no. 

Shanus didn't say she couldn't afford it,just it didn't seem worth the price. I happen to agree.  She didn't criticize anyone for buying.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Amy's selling a blouse Side Stitch for $85 + tax & shipping. Add that to the pricey joggers she's wearing with it? That's a $215 outfit! I didn't spend that much for the dress I wore  to my son's wedding. 

ez pay Shanus, ezpay  :-)

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Why are people constantly harping on the prices of stuff?  I understand something being too expensive for you.  There are things I won't spend my money on either.  If it's too much for you, doesn't fit your budget, isn't a good use of your money, don't buy it.  Everyone isn't in the same boat.

Some people have jobs that would allow them to wear these items to their place of employment.

I've said before that I personally wouldn't spend $5.00 on a pair of joggers because I don't like them.  

I agree! The same ones that claim to be 'experts' on fashion/styling, skincare, beauty/makeup, aging, finances,  health... blah blah blah

And what's with the misleading odd title -someone s requiring people to spend 'alot' to watch TV??? Someone is being forced to buy stuff shown on TV??? CRAZY TOWN, LOL!!!!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Why are people constantly harping on the prices of stuff?  I understand something being too expensive for you.  There are things I won't spend my money on either.  If it's too much for you, doesn't fit your budget, isn't a good use of your money, don't buy it.  Everyone isn't in the same boat.

Some people have jobs that would allow them to wear these items to their place of employment.

I've said before that I personally wouldn't spend $5.00 on a pair of joggers because I don't like them.  

@Lipstickdiva  I'm not knocking people who can afford or purchase these items. I'm aghast that Q's prices/brands/focus has changed so much. 

I am glad that QVC is bringing in different brands at different price points.  I like the up to  date fashions.  D&C& SG are getting stale.  I have a few pieces of Side Stitch and wear them alot.

Exactly! It's been great to see new and contemporary brands and styles at Q

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sometimes these topics can be very entertaining because they are so predictable.  I happen to agree with @Shanus that the prices for some items seem excessively high.  Just a statement of opinion.  But then some seem to get highly offended, like they are personally being attacked.

QVC’s revenue is down, don’t you know?  I have no idea of who their customer base is comprised of, but the younger women in my family, working professionals, don’t spend that much on “at leisure” clothing.  In fact, they don’t watch QVC at all.  They don’t have time for that.

Valued Contributor

@QVCkitty1 I was thinking the same thing...as this is a forum for discussion we are all free to discuss the cost of things qvc offers for sale and just because someone might think some items are overpriced doesnt mean they are "harping" on the subject. I have no problem spending $130 on a shirt if I thought it looked nice & I've never seen any side stitch products I would spend ANY amount of money on...especially those tencel joggers that look homemade. but that's just my opinion and I'm happy to share it!! just like I'm happy to read the opinions of anyone who disagrees with me!! 🙂
Esteemed Contributor

It's the tone of some posts, not necessarily on this thread, that get some annoyed. When the Dyson Airwrap was first introduced the comments about those that purchased were really personal and I took exception as I purchased for DD . To say I don't care for Logo, SG, etc is one thing but to say anyone who spends money to look like a bag lady, or you have to be crazy to spend that kind of money on Barefoot,  Dreams is quite different.  Like or don't like the product or price is a personal opinion/choice and we all have one and while they may differ I'm glad QVC offers such a wide range of products and prices.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Amy's selling a blouse Side Stitch for $85 + tax & shipping. Add that to the pricey joggers she's wearing with it? That's a $215 outfit! I didn't spend that much for the dress I wore  to my son's wedding. 

@Shanus , there is a movement now where young women have fewer clothes but they curate their wardrobes to only own a few pieces that they wear often. Quite a few minimalists wear expensive clothing but they aren't into quantity. I see it often on YouTube. Personally, I like the mindset and I prefer to only own clothing I love. The price point isn't the only criteria I use when I buy clothing. For example, I would prefer paying top dollar for a camel hair coat, wear it for years than buy a bargain only to toss it after one season...

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus I have 3 sidestitch shirts.  Picked them up on sale at boutiques end of season sale. 

I would pay full price.  They are that nice.  Fabric hangs perfect, fit (for me) is great.  Not too warm or cool.  Launder beautifully.  Classic styles, will wear them forever. 

I won't speak to the pants, I'm not sure if i care for the style, but I'll vouch for the blouses every time!

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it it argumentative