Frequent Contributor

Hello.  New to iPad/Apple products.  With so many different ipads, is this a good ipad and good deal.  Seems to be me.  Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

I would check out Apple, Best Buy, first. QVC is known for adding in a bunch of unnecessary junk items and for selling yesterday's technology today. Do your research. Apple also lets you pay over time. 

Super Contributor

@Cin001 wrote:

Hello.  New to iPad/Apple products.  With so many different ipads, is this a good ipad and good deal.  Seems to be me.  Thanks!

I saw an iPad generation 6, it's the previous iPad  (can use the first generation pencil) with 128g for $299.99 on walmart.com.  This isn't a bad deal but you do get a lot of extras. Apple doesn't have discounts on iPads so QVC adds on extra stuff that you might purchase anyway. You do get two years of tech support (not AppleCare). The same iPad is $429.99 at Apple and Best Buy but you have to buy keyboard, cover, other accessories, and AppleCare separately. 

Respected Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

I would check out Apple, Best Buy, first. QVC is known for adding in a bunch of unnecessary junk items and for selling yesterday's technology today. Do your research. Apple also lets you pay over time. 

It may be junk itmes for you but, that doesn't mean it's of no value to everyone.  BTW, this is the newest version of the iPad. 

Frequent Contributor

Thank you everyone!

Valued Contributor

@Cin001 wrote:

---

This is a good enough deal. The extra items are not junk if you wanted a keyboard anyway. This QVC offer is a bluetooth keyboard, not the smart keyboard that you get if you bought straight from Apple at $159, but it is fine. 

It is close enough to what you would pay at Apple, and you can have it delivered to your door with free shipping, which is worth something.

In addition, you can go to Rakuten ebates and get 3% cash back today.

Esteemed Contributor

@Toot1920 wrote:

@Cin001 wrote:

I saw an iPad generation 6, it's the previous iPad  (can use the first generation pencil) with 128g for $299.99 on walmart.com.  This isn't a bad deal but you do get a lot of extras. Apple doesn't have discounts on iPads so QVC adds on extra stuff that you might purchase anyway. You do get two years of tech support (not AppleCare). The same iPad is $429.99 at Apple and Best Buy but you have to buy keyboard, cover, other accessories, and AppleCare separately. 

Amazon has the 7th generation 128GB iPad for $399. You can find a regular case for about $25.

Apple gives customers a one year hardware warranty which includes 90 days of tech support.  

Super Contributor

@Cin001 wrote:

Imho, I would wait a month ....Amazon will have amazing prices on 

Black Friday/Cyber Monday.

I bought last years Generation 6 IPad, in Rose Gold, brand new On Sale for $249/free shipping.

I got a great matching magnetic case from Fintie for $10.

A stylus from the Dollar Tree ($1!) and I’ve not used my vast collection of

K/Fires since I “bit the Apple”!

For similar use as a Fire, such as streaming videos, browsing online,

etc. there’s nothing this Ipad can’t do.

Ive never had to restart it, no blank or flashing screen, no charging issues..

it runs flawlessly.

As a HUGE K/Fire fan, I didn’t see how an Ipad could be any better.

Its hard to explain, but it’s just smoother...cleaner....organized.

With the Sale Price, I decided to take a chance,

I haven’t looked back since!

For regular tablet users, there is  truly no need for an Ipad AIR or whatever. The basic model

of the IPad is truly exceptional and worth every dime.

good luck

Respected Contributor

A general rule of thumb is never buy electronic items from QVC.  Almost always they can be found cheaper elsewhere. 

Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:

A general rule of thumb is never buy electronic items from QVC.  Almost always they can be found cheaper elsewhere. 

People are going to buy from QVC because of EZ Pay.  It's been posted "you can get it cheaper elsewhere" ever since I've been reading this board but, people still pay more for their electronics because of EZ Pay and the 30 day money back return policy.