Esteemed Contributor

CD player for 50 or more discs

The old 50 disc CD player we had died recently and, I know I'm a dinosaur with such things.

But, I'm wondering if such systems are still made.

I've done a quick search with no luck, and I KNOW there are other ways to play music, but, if I can find a replacement, I'd really be happy.  I understand this is ancient technology.

Am I looking for something that doesn't exist?

Honored Contributor

Re: CD player for 50 or more discs

@Witchy Woman wrote:

The old 50 disc CD player we had died recently and, I know I'm a dinosaur with such things.

I've done a quick search with no luck, and I KNOW there are other ways to play music, but, if I can find a replacement, I'd really be happy.  I understand this is ancient technology.

ebay probably

at one point I put all my Cd into iTunes, now I just use Spotify, much easier 

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

they might or might be more than you'd want to pay...is there Freecycle where you live, try that 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Witchy Woman   Have you done a search on ETSY or Ebay?  I understand what you are saying.  I'm a "dinosaur" as well and I like what I like.  Sometimes that "ancient" technology comes back--turntables for records, for instance.  Good luck in your search.

Some nightclubs, and bars had them when they weren't featuring live musicians and switched over to the newer "computer/pod" type thing.  Maybe Craigslist in your area might have one for sale.

If you can locate a sound technician or band musician somehow they might be able to help/have an old one they'd be glad to offload to you.  They often keep older equipment for a while.

Hoping you are succesful in your search--fingers crossed for you!

Esteemed Contributor

@aroc3435 

@jackthebear 

My husband says it will be impossible to find Cat LOL

He's the one who found the one we have....USED....and that was 10 years back.

We both know there are updated ways to get music, but he has our system wired to several speakers inside and outside the house. 

I'm pretty sure we're going to be forced into doing something more "modern" but then there are all those CDs sitting around!  Kind of like having all those albums I have stacked up now. 

I'm going to search a bit more, but I suspect I'm not going anything "new."

Several of our younger friends laugh that we are still using a disc player Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman 

We have a Pioneer CD player that uses cartridges and each cartridge holds 6 CDs.

It came with a couple of cartridges and we also bought several more.

We keep each cartridge loaded with our favorite CDs and change the CDs in the cartridges when we're in the mood for something different.

I know we had to replace it after a power surge blew our existing one about 5 years ago, but not sure where DH ordered it from.

Maybe this will help even though it doesn't hold 50 CDs at one time, you just have to choose another cartridge after listening to 6 CDs.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

I have tons of albums and CDs too. We did get rid of 8-tracks and cassettes.  I bought a new car recently and really miss having a CD player in it.  Just can't be bothered uploading everything to my phone or a thumb drive.  Good luck in your search!

Honored Contributor

I own a JVC 200-CD changer. These are no longer made but you can still buy them. Look for it on Amazon...there's one there. That JVC CD player is a very good one. Never had any problems with mine and I've had it for years. @Witchy Woman 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Witchy Woman

I did a Google search and found a  used Sony 200 disc CD changer listed on Ebay.You can still find 5 or 6 disc CD players.

I streamed my iTunes library with server software for 10 years. The backbone of this system was an internet radio. This technology was nice as long as it lasted. I miss my own library. 

Today, I play Amazon Unlimited and Napster. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Nuttmeg 

@SilleeMee 

@KingstonsMom 

@aroc3435 

@FranandZoe 

Thanks for your responses.  

The 200 CD changers offer great promise.

DH keeps saying we need to update, but, I'm not going to be the one to do it.

Truth be told, when he is NOT home, I rarely play music.  Maybe I'm an oddball, but I like the house very quiet.  Even if I turn on the TV, it is down extremely low.

He likes music playing when we are outside the house, but with winter coming, how much time will we be out there?