Super Contributor

iMac & Yahoo Mail problems - help please!!

Hello all - I hope someone has an answer for me.

My Mac imports my mail from my Gmail & Yahoo accounts. For the past 1-2 weeks, I get the majority of my e-mails from Yahoo as blank boxes, nothing downloads & there's nothing in the preview boxes on the left. (The e-mails and all contents ARE on my page when I go to Yahoo online.) The worst part is, I'm unable to delete these messages from my Mac's Mail program...I get a dropdown box stating, "The message (subject line) could not be moved to the mailbox "Trash - On My Mac". Then in smaller font, "An error Occurred while moving messages to mailbox "Trash - On My Mac"." When I click 'OK' to get rid of the box, that empty e-mail message is returned to my Inbox.

I can go to Yahoo and delete the message from there and eventually it must work because the e-mails I've deleted in Yahoo eventually disappear from my Mac mail inbox.

I've gone onto Yahoo, signed out then signed back in - my password is accepted, no problem. I'm running OS Mountain Lion and if I really want the e-mail in my Yahoo account, I just forward it directly from Yahoo to my Gmail account and it comes through.

Anyone have any suggestions?? TIA!