Respected Contributor

Update on my computer scare last week...

where I went to a website and suddenly a voice came through saying all of my personal information was hacked.  Well, been having a few problems since - went to log on this morning and said "activity low, please use same login name" or something to that effect - had to log out and log back in to get into computer.  Called Comcast.  She suggested I run the full scan (it has been running for hours and I paused it for awhile) and then to change every password I have.  Don't you hate these idiots that make life so difficult for us? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Update on my computer scare last week...

[ Edited ]

If only these "brilliant" minds would put their minds to something worthwhile!

Trusted Contributor

@  hoosieroriginal wrote:

where I went to a website and suddenly a voice came through saying all of my personal information was hacked.  Well, been having a few problems since - went to log on this morning and said "activity low, please use same login name" or something to that effect - had to log out and log back in to get into computer.  Called Comcast.  She suggested I run the full scan (it has been running for hours and I paused it for awhile) and then to change every password I have.  Don't you hate these idiots that make life so difficult for us? 

@hoosieroriginal  Yikes, that is scarey.  A voice ?  I woulda freaked !!!!

Stay safe.

Esteemed Contributor

I've gotten that about 4 times when researching something on Google - the loud voice - the screen freezes and nothing you do can escape the screen.  Voice says bad things just entered my computer and a drop-down message to call (something) to get computer free of virus.  So - although I know Crtl - Alt - Delete isn't smart to use - it's the only way, I've found, to get out of the lock-up.  Then I shut down my "c" and restart fresh.  It works but that voice screaming at you - sets your heart rate up 3 levels.

Trusted Contributor

Wow that is scary. I never had that happen (yet) but thanks for the heads up! xxxxxxxxxxxx Stormy