Honored Contributor

Need help with ANTI-VIRUS software

I own a Dell laptop and have Windows 10 and Internet Edge (browser).  What anti-virus software is compatible with my software?  I was told that all anti-virus software needs a different browser and cannot use Edge.  Can anyone help me?   Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Re: Need help with ANTI-VIRUS software

@Katcat1

Windows Defender software should be available with Windows.  It's free and I have used it before.  I would recommend that software before purchasing any other brand of anti-virus software.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1

We started out with AVG-Free, which catches a lot of stuff.  It's best if you run it once a day, though it.  At one point, I was perusing two website and learned through AVG that my hard drive had been dumped on by these 2 websites.  Wrote them both scathing emails and stopped doing business with them.

Eventually, we added the $4.95/mo. edition, which creates firewalls for you.  I'm not techy, so am not offering you the kind of "talk" you need.  However, what I can say is that since we've been active with the basic, then upgraded AVG, MY computer issues have literally disappeared.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KatieB wrote:

@Katcat1

Windows Defender software should be available with Windows.  It's free and I have used it before.  I would recommend that software before purchasing any other brand of anti-virus software.  

This program is not strong enough. Please check your ISP for software given with service.