Trusted Contributor

Tracfone - Missing Voicemail Notification

[ Edited ]

I noticed a missed call from my friend and when I called her back she asked me if I got her message.  I said, no.  This was the second time (to my knowledge) this happened in the past few months.  Imagine my surprise when I went into my voicemail and it said I had 9 unheard voice messages.  I'm not getting the notifications.  Does anyone have any helpful hints to remedy this?  My phone is the Samsung Galaxy Sky.

Edit:  I'm also not getting a notification from my noLED app.  An icon used to flash on my screen when I had a voicemail.  What an odd problem.  I did some googling and I see I'm not the only one.  

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Honored Contributor

Re: Tracfone - Missing Voicemail Notification

[ Edited ]

Happens frequently to me, also; but on my house phone voice mail.    Can be very embarrassing when you don't return a call to friends and/or family......or it's a business appointment.    

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'd go into my settings and be sure you have notifications turned on. I don't always hear them so I also have my phone's flashlight flash so I see it when the phone rings or I have a text, however, this does cause me to need to plug in my phone more often as it uses battery, but I plug mine in every night anyway.

Respected Contributor

exact same thing here! just got dh a new samsung phone. no voice mail notification or icon on the screen to inform you of a voicemail. 

Now my cynical hubby thinks that the phone carrier does it on purpose, so you will burn minutes checking your voicemail.  sigh. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a Samsung Tracfone and I get a notification when I get a text or a call. If a caller leaves a message I have an icon over the message button on my screen - same if I get a text and don't open it immediately. If I miss a call - there is an icon over my phone button on the screen. If you aren't getting them go into your settings and turn them on. 

Settings - notifications - turn on the ones you want to receive by moving the button to the right.