Honored Contributor

Re: Telephones With Call Blocking

@chickenbutt wrote:

These Panasonic phones that can block 250 numbers - does anybody have the model number?  Are there any that don't have an answering machine?

I did find one that allows you to block 60 numbers, which is twice what mine does.  But it seems odd to me that most of the models seem to have answering machines when voice mail is included in landline plans now.  Last time I had an answering machine was decades ago!

@chickenbutt  The model number of mine is KX-TGE243B.  Mine does have an answering machine though.  I ordered mine from Amazon but went to the Panasonic website to read about them.  I would suggest checking Panasonic's website and then comparing prices.  I'll bet they have one that blocks that many numbers without an aswering machine.

I do have Voice Mail that catches the calls when I'm on the phone, but I like to have an answering machine to screen some of my calls.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks, Nick!  Maybe I should just get one with the answering machine and be done with it.

Having a limit of 30 is really a pain, especially during campaign seasons.  At this point, I have been keeping my phone turned off for the last several months because it is problematic for me to have the phone ringing from 7am to sometimes 10pm.    I sure wish all this stuff could be against the law!

Is this the one that somebody recently mentioned where you could actually change the setting so that it doesn't even ring that once when a blocked number calls?

I'm going to read up.   This is how I learned about the one I was just looking at on Amazon.   You don't get much info there and it didn't even tell how many blocks you could have, so I went to the Panasonic site with the model to learn that it has 60.

Oh wow, it says that model is discontinued Smiley Sad   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I found  Amazon.com: Panasonic KX-TGE233B DECT 6.0 Expandable Digital Cordless Answering System, 3 Handsets: Electronics

KX-TGE233B

It says that it has up to 250 blocks and no answering machine either.  Well, it doesn't state that on Amazon but one of the questions asked was about blocks and after 3 answers, finally, one customer gave that information.  (some of the answers people give are so lame.  Like, if you don't care to do something right, why bother.  (ok, end of rant)

OOPS!  I was wrong.  It does have an answering machine.  It just didn't look like it did, as the main set is more narrow than most.

This one is 3 handsets but you can increase that, as with others.

Hmmm....Methinks it's time for chickie to replace her phones.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Thanks, Nick!  Maybe I should just get one with the answering machine and be done with it.

Having a limit of 30 is really a pain, especially during campaign seasons.  At this point, I have been keeping my phone turned off for the last several months because it is problematic for me to have the phone ringing from 7am to sometimes 10pm.    I sure wish all this stuff could be against the law!

Is this the one that somebody recently mentioned where you could actually change the setting so that it doesn't even ring that once when a blocked number calls?

I'm going to read up.   This is how I learned about the one I was just looking at on Amazon.   You don't get much info there and it didn't even tell how many blocks you could have, so I went to the Panasonic site with the model to learn that it has 60.

Oh wow, it says that model is discontinued Smiley Sad   

@chickenbutt  The one that I bought is still being offered on Panasonic's website, so I don't believe it's been discontinued.  Yes, you can change the setting so that the blocked calls don't ring at all.  They ring once until you change the setting.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

These Panasonic phones that can block 250 numbers - does anybody have the model number?  Are there any that don't have an answering machine?

I did find one that allows you to block 60 numbers, which is twice what mine does.  But it seems odd to me that most of the models seem to have answering machines when voice mail is included in landline plans now.  Last time I had an answering machine was decades ago!

@chickenbutt, my Panasonic is the KX-TGF 353 (base unit with answering machine and 3 handsets).  I too have voicemail so I just keep the phone answering machine turned off.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

Got my new phones today!  YAY for a 250 number max for blocked calls, and double yay for the ability to make it NOT ring at all if it's a blocked number.   That last part is my dream and I was really bummed when I was able to use nomorobo, but it still would ring for blocked calls, as well as the calls that I had manually blocked.

Whew!  Lot of work hooking up all 4 phones, punching in all my stored numbers and the blocked numbers I had on the old ones.    I'm sure glad that you can do all the settings and numbers (except for ringer settings) on one handset and it sets them all!

I just got all the handsets named for what room they're in and am still going through the book looking for more settings  and stuff.  

Smiley Happy   Thanks for the advice on the newer models.   30 blocked calls was just way too few!  I was always maxed out.