Contributor

Question about cloud storage for videos and pictures

I am from the old school and still learning about new technology so please excuse my ignorance when it comes to my understanding of it! I have a Samsung Galaxy 3 phone with my 16gb of storage all full and I have a SD card in there with 11gb left on a 32 gb card. I have tried several time with a Verizon Wireless rep to upload my videos and picture of their cloud but the videos did not all upload and the ones that did they were all pixelated and were awful. I tried to upload the videos and picture from my cell phone to an older computer I had and it did not work. I have a newer computer now. My question is I was thinking of buying the Amazon Cloud Unlimited Storage and it will only be $5.00 tomorrow, Cyber Monday for 1 year and I was wondering if I can upload them from my cell phone onto the Amazon Cloud ( I am more concerned about the videos than the pictures). I am a Prime member. I need to delete a lot of videos I have and a lot of them are important like my nieces wedding for instance. I just need a place to transfer them to. 

Thank you for your time!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Question about cloud storage for videos and pictures

@beautywithin wrote:

My question is I was thinking of buying the Amazon Cloud Unlimited Storage and it will only be $5.00 tomorrow, Cyber Monday for 1 year and I was wondering if I can upload them from my cell phone onto the Amazon Cloud ( I am more concerned about the videos than the pictures). I am a Prime member.

Call Amazon tech support.  They will provide you w/instructions (detailed).

I need to delete a lot of videos I have and a lot of them are important like my nieces wedding for instance. I just need a place to transfer them to. 

I am old school to.  If I were you, since the videos & pics are so important to you, why not burn them on to a DVD????

Print them out & place into an old school photo album????  Remember those?

I do!

Thank you for your time!!

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

I stored photos first with Google Drive and now with Google Photo. This a thread about saving pictures. http://community.qvc.com/t5/Electronics/saving-pics-on-my-phone/m-p/2310697#U2310697

Some info about moving photos.

http://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/how-to-resize-and-make-images-larger-without-losing-qualit...

Contributor

Just spoke with Amazon and I purchased the $5 unlimited cloud for a year. I can download the app and the desktop app. I think I will also burn the videos I want but I needed to be able to upload them to a source. Amazon customer service is open 24/7! Thank you for your help!

Respected Contributor

It is so easy to connect your phone to your computer and transfer your photos.  If the charging cable doesn't have a USB connection, you'll be able to buy one that fits at any electronic store. 

Contributor

Well I am really frustarated now. I can't download Amazon Cloud app because there is not enough storage (duh, that is why I want to transfer to cloud but don't want to delete photos and especially videos) I don't have a lot of apps downloaded on my phone. I went to try again to transfer videos and pictures to my computer and it gives an error message that says Mfc90.dll is missing from computer. Don't know what to do. 

Contributor

I would suggest you have 2 or 3 backup solutions for your video and photo. First, I would copy to the computer. You can unmount the card from your phone, insert into your computer SD slot and save that way. From your computer you can upload to amazon cloud. Second, if you don't want to go that route Google drive or Microsoft one drive (i prefer one drive) are the easiest products to sync with your phone.
Respected Contributor

@beautywithin wrote:

Well I am really frustarated now. I can't download Amazon Cloud app because there is not enough storage (duh, that is why I want to transfer to cloud but don't want to delete photos and especially videos) I don't have a lot of apps downloaded on my phone. I went to try again to transfer videos and pictures to my computer and it gives an error message that says Mfc90.dll is missing from computer. Don't know what to do. 

Connect your phone to your computer!!!!!!!  If your computer doesn't automatically start your photo program, get into Windows Explorer (Windows) or Finder (Mac) and manually drag the photos to your computer.  You can also take the SD card out and connect it to you computer and transfer the photos and videos. 

If you go to YouTube and do a search for your phone, you'll find videos to show you how to do it.  At the risk of "getting preachy", you really need to either learn how to save the photos on your phone or use a camera.  Phones get stolen, lost, break or otherwise don't allow you to save your pictures.  If any of those things happen, you're SOL.  Plus, how can you enjoy looking at them on a 3"-5" screen?  Good luck. 

Contributor

Problem solved. After not being able to transfer the videos to my computer I  found a great deal for the Note 5 which has 64gb of internal storage so I will be able to do a transfer from the old to the new phone, then upload to Amazon cloud then delete off my phone. I am more concerned about the videos being saved as opposed to the pictures. Thanks again for taking the time to help!

Honored Contributor

Wow, you bought a new phone to solve this problem? That sounds like an expensive solution over the long run. I'm not sure why you haven't been able to get this data off your phone another way. You should be able to transfer the photos and video to your desktop computer, either over wifi or even by USB. You also probably have other apps on your phone that you could have deleted to make room for the Amazon cloud storage app and then transferred them off and then reinstalled the apps you deleted. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval