Contributor

Re: Question about cloud storage for videos and pictures

Oh no I should have made it clear I was up for an upgrade and wanted the Note 4 cell phone but ended up getting the Samsung Note 5 for a great price. I have been wanting this phone for a while and it just worked out it is Cyber Monday, and hence, the good deals!

Respected Contributor

@JAXS Mom wrote:

Wow, you bought a new phone to solve this problem? That sounds like an expensive solution over the long run. I'm not sure why you haven't been able to get this data off your phone another way. You should be able to transfer the photos and video to your desktop computer, either over wifi or even by USB. You also probably have other apps on your phone that you could have deleted to make room for the Amazon cloud storage app and then transferred them off and then reinstalled the apps you deleted. 

No kidding.  My guess, she never tried any of the suggestions posted. 

Contributor

I did try to transfer to my computer and I could not do it as I stated on Nov 29:

. I went to try again to transfer videos and pictures to my computer and it gives an error message that says Mfc90.dll is missing from computer

As I also stated I have been wanting to upgrade my phone for a long time but they have been too expensive, especially because I want the Note 4, but I ended up getting the Note 5 with a great Cyber Monday deal. I did not get the phone for the sole purpose of transferring the videos and photos!! I would have purchased the Note 5 irregardless and it just happened it will solve my problem.  Thank you for your help I really do appreciate it!

Super Contributor

I have the Samsung galaxy note and most of my apps are saved on the sd card and it frees up all my storage space.  It asks me whenever I download any apps.  I've never had any storage issues but only have a few videos on it, along with tons of pics.  I also transferred everything on my phone to my laptop, some back up program.  It took like an hour to back up.  That might work? 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ladyjenn wrote:

I have the Samsung galaxy note and most of my apps are saved on the sd card and it frees up all my storage space.  It asks me whenever I download any apps.  I've never had any storage issues but only have a few videos on it, along with tons of pics.  I also transferred everything on my phone to my laptop, some back up program.  It took like an hour to back up.  That might work? 

Samsung's current Note 5 does not have an SD card. When you setup a Note 5, Android or Samsung prompts the customer to backup data using your Google account.  Verizon gets into the mix and has you use their backup.

I had a problem using Samsung's backup software with my S4. I had to find a backup solution. It was the cloud.

Respected Contributor

@beautywithin wrote:

I am from the old school and still learning about new technology so please excuse my ignorance when it comes to my understanding of it! I have a Samsung Galaxy 3 phone with my 16gb of storage all full and I have a SD card in there with 11gb left on a 32 gb card. I have tried several time with a Verizon Wireless rep to upload my videos and picture of their cloud but the videos did not all upload and the ones that did they were all pixelated and were awful. I tried to upload the videos and picture from my cell phone to an older computer I had and it did not work. I have a newer computer now. My question is I was thinking of buying the Amazon Cloud Unlimited Storage and it will only be $5.00 tomorrow, Cyber Monday for 1 year and I was wondering if I can upload them from my cell phone onto the Amazon Cloud ( I am more concerned about the videos than the pictures). I am a Prime member. I need to delete a lot of videos I have and a lot of them are important like my nieces wedding for instance. I just need a place to transfer them to. 

Thank you for your time!!

Are you trying to use a program to transfer your photos to your computer?  There is no need.  What I don't understand, why don't you want to have the pictures on your computer where you have a bigger screen. 

Contributor

When I tried to transfer from my cell phone to my computer via USB that is when I got the error message mfc90.dll is missing from computer. But I have good news. I was able to get Amazon Cloud and with Amazon's tech support, it is uploading every VERY slowly but it is working. Between talking with Amazon and Verizon they are saying there is something technically wrong with my phone but since I got the Note 5 (was up for an upgrade 6 months ago) that problem will be solved. Will be receiving it next week and I can wait!  Now I can transfer to my desktop from Amazon Cloud if I want. Now I will upload to Amazon Cloud as I take a lot of videos of local musicians I know and save my internal storage.

Thanks again for your help!