Respected Contributor

Mom HACKED Again!!!

[ Edited ]

Just wanted to post a warning to any who may be watching these videos on FACEBOOK.  For the past few weeks, my mom has been watching videos of the treatment of women right now in Iran.

Yesterday, her new HP computer once again shut completely down.  We called the IT department and spent about two hours on the phone.  After allowing them remote access to try and fix it, we were told EVERYTHING had been hacked and the traced IP address came back in two places where fraudulent illegal activities were being used with HER identity.  One was in Iran and the other Pakistan.

I nearly fell in the floor and immediately knew how this must've happened.  The IT department agreed.  They said to not attempt any online banking and remove all credit card and personal information from the computer.  Even after wiping it clean, I'm not sure what to do since they're already engaging in illegal activities using her identity.

We did what they told us, but I'm not entirely sure what all has been affected.  She received a friend request from facebook of a picture of herself that same day before we called.  

If anyone sees these videos, please do not watch them.  I don't know how they were able to hack the computer, but they have.  I'm not exactly sure how to proceed next with everything either.??

Honored Contributor

One has to wonder why Facebook isn't weeding this stuff out.  

Respected Contributor

Thank you @cheriere for this post. It is scary to think these can happen so easily. I hope your mom did not suffer any irreparable damage.

Respected Contributor

Call the three credit bureaus to let them know. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Mom HACKED Again!!!

[ Edited ]

@Spacrazy wrote:

Thank you @cheriere for this post. It is scary to think these can happen so easily. I hope your mom did not suffer any irreparable damage.

Thank you 😊.  I sure hope we don't have any to cancel each and every card.  Thy automatically stop any foreign charges, but who knows what other things they might try to do with her identity.  They have her picture, birthday, etc..  The thought scares me!  

Facebook takes so long to even answer submitted questions.  I don't know if they'll even take these videos down.  

Respected Contributor

@cheriere Thank you for the warning. I am sorry this happened. I hope you find a quick resolution. 

Honored Contributor

@On It   Is she shopping with temu?  Tik Tok stuff?

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@On It   Is she shopping with temu?  Tik Tok stuff?

No, thankfully not.  I remember reading a thread about that here not too long ago and warned her about that site.  She said their prices seemed too good to be true.

Honored Contributor

Are these videos that others have posted,wondering more about this, i share videos with others.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

Call the three credit bureaus to let them know. 

I hadn't even thought to do that.  Thank you 😊💝