Respected Contributor

I posted previously problems I had with my laptop after Microsoft Windows automatic updates that ran November 19th. My screen froze up, I had to do a hard boot, tried to restart again, but Windows would freeze up, my screen turned blue, and I got a message "Wireless configuration dll has not been registered. Program will not work correctly". I finally had to do a system restore back to November 13. Windows did automatic updates, except for 3 updates that were not checked (Internet Explorer for Windows 7 for x64 based systems, Windows Update Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1 for Windows 7 x64-based Systems KB2858725, and Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems KB2862330). I did not run these unchecked updates.

A poster suggested I change Windows updates from automatic to let me decide which updates to run (which I did). Other posters mentioned that there were problems with Windows update KB2862330.

This morning, there are 10 checked Windows 7 updates and 2 checked Office 2007 updates. The updates mentioned above are still unchecked.

Do you suggest I check the unchecked updates and run everything, or should I leave the unchecked updates as is. I just don't want problems with my laptop again.

Thanks so much for your help and suggestions. My laptop seems to be working fine now. (Note: I am not at all computer savvy.)