Contributor

Re: Can someone know if you browse their facebook page

[ Edited ]

I WILL DO THAT, i KNEW I COULD RELY ON YOU GUYS FOR ALL THE HELP. I AM SO RELEIVED, THANKS

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There's a difference between looking at someone's Facebook page and looking at someone's Facebook Profile.  Either way, the user would not know if someone viewed either.  However, you can shut down your page so that only your Friends can see it.  There's also a little icon you can use to change the audience for your posts in the box where you create a post.  It looks like a little globe or a silhouette of two people depending on how it's set.  You can change that to Only Friends if it's not already set to that and it will hold that setting until you decide to change it.  

As far as I know, there isn't a way to keep someone from viewing your Profile, but you can put as little information in it as possible. Also, you can hide your Friend's List to only Friends.  The folks who like to duplicate your account use that Friends List to invite them all to "your" new Profile.  That way they don't even have to hack your account.  

Esteemed Contributor

DS is active on LinkedIn. 

He said a former friend of mine had viewed his LinkedIn page. I was stunned. They had to have been logged into their own LinkedIn account and then viewed his page.

I am no longer on LinkedIn and never been on FB. I wanted to respond to this person in unkind terms but then they would have my contact info. 

They are toxic and I haven't had contact with them in 15 yrs.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

There's a difference between looking at someone's Facebook page and looking at someone's Facebook Profile.  Either way, the user would not know if someone viewed either.  However, you can shut down your page so that only your Friends can see it.  There's also a little icon you can use to change the audience for your posts in the box where you create a post.  It looks like a little globe or a silhouette of two people depending on how it's set.  You can change that to Only Friends if it's not already set to that and it will hold that setting until you decide to change it.  

As far as I know, there isn't a way to keep someone from viewing your Profile, but you can put as little information in it as possible. Also, you can hide your Friend's List to only Friends.  The folks who like to duplicate your account use that Friends List to invite them all to "your" new Profile.  That way they don't even have to hack your account.  

@Icegoddess 

You can also set your Friends List so that only you can see it.