Trusted Contributor

I turned on my Kindle Fire after not using it for a while and when I went to the CNN app it said the app version was no longer supported and to visit the app store to download the new version.  But I couldn't find it in the app store.  Am I missing something or was it removed from the app store?  Thanks for any info.

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Honored Contributor

Re: CNN app for Kindle Fire?

I don't see one listed in the Amazon App and Games section. There's CNN Go for the Fire TV Voice Remote, but that's it.

Amazon tablets use a proprietary version of Android and maybe CNN decided not to support it going forward. 

Contact CNN and Amazon about it and let them know you want it and maybe if they hear from enough people, they will reconsider.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

I don't see one listed in the Amazon App and Games section. There's CNN Go for the Fire TV Voice Remote, but that's it.

Amazon tablets use a proprietary version of Android and maybe CNN decided not to support it going forward. 

Contact CNN and Amazon about it and let them know you want it and maybe if they hear from enough people, they will reconsider.

Does your cable company have an app on Amazon? 

Respected Contributor

If you have time warner cable  you can watch cnn  but to use the time warner app  you have to disable USB debugging. Which is  hard to do but you can google the instructions