Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone buying the new LG Treasure 5" Android Trac Phone

@Venezia wrote:

@sueinsf - Yes, the LG smartphones have a choice of how you lock your phone.  I use a PIN, but you can also use a "knock code", Face Unlock, Swipe, Pattern (draw a pattern) or Password.

I wouldn't want to go back to a phone that doesn't lock!

(ETA:  I also pretty much only used mine for talk and texting, until I got this Ultimate II.  Now I don't know what I'd do without it.  It was great to be able to monitor my friend's flight when I picked her up at the airport recently.  And it also notified me, when a flight of mine was delayed.  I was able to get to the CS desk immediately to get rebooked before many people even knew.  I don't see anything not to love about this Android smartphone.)

Thanks @Venezia.  Good to hear!  I do see now the Ultmate 2 is sold out at that sale price of $76.46 but the Treasure is back at $99.95.  And the first review on it says it has AT&T service and not Verizon??

Honored Contributor

@sueinsf - Yes, the AT&T (with the Sunset) didn't work for me.  Also, the screen is the same as the Treasure and I didn't like that either.  No Gorilla Glass and they moved the buttons (at the bottom of the Ultimate) onto the screen as "virtual buttons" and that took up some of the space, making everything less clear for me.

I didn't think the screen resolution was very good on the Sunset (as compared to the Ultimate, which I find excellent), but maybe they've improved this on the Treasure?

Trusted Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

I didn't think the screen resolution was very good on the Sunset (as compared to the Ultimate, which I find excellent), but maybe they've improved this on the Treasure?

@Venezia  I have both the Ultimate 2 and the Sunset and although I much prefer the Ultimate 2 to the Sunset, I found the resolution on the Sunset crisper than on the Ultimate 2.  

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Honored Contributor

@Stargazer77 - That's odd - mine was definitely less crisp and I googled some reviews and found others had made the same comment.  Maybe a mixed batch?  My DH wasn't happy with it either.

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@sueinsf - I don't know why you think you wouldn't be able to see your existing minutes and days of service on a smartphone?  You just open the app for your Tracfone account (there's a widget to place it on your home screen) and it displays it perfectly - minutes, data, text and service end date.  You just tap it and it updates!

Smartphones offer more versatility and function, not less.

If you find that you have Verizon service in your area, I can't think of any reason you wouldn't like the Ultimate II.  And if you have a really strong AT&T 4G LTE signal, you might like the Treasure or Sunset.  (Just make sure it's 4G and not 3G.)

Good luck, whatever you decide to do.

The airtime app does not work on the Sunset. It does work on the Treasure. DH is using the Treasure. I'm still using the Sunset. Have not set up the Treasure yet. On the sunset you can go to Tracfone Check My Balance or call *777*1# from your phone. DH had this # in his contacts so he could check his mins, etc when he was using the Sunset.

Contributor

Treasure is brand new so no reviews at the time you looked but now that people that ordered   have posted reviews there are so look again.  It went out at 89.95 as a TSV but then went back to 129.95 but is now on sale at 99.95.  Being sold by HSN currently.

Contributor

if you sign up with eBates you get money back when ordering on line from whomever you order from.  Extra cash.   You just have to rememeber to log into to eBates to get to your online store for a rebate. 

New Contributor

I bought the LG Treasure from another shopping network (not QVC). Before anyone buys any Tracfone do yourself a favor and call or email Tracfone to ask them if Tracfone supports WiFi calling. Tracfone advised me in writing they do not support WiFi calling but perhaps will in the future. I have their written email to prove it. So anyone expecting to make calls on their Tracfone through their WiFi and not use their Tracfone minutes you better forget it.

Honored Contributor

@Jolielabelle wrote:

I bought the LG Treasure from another shopping network (not QVC). Before anyone buys any Tracfone do yourself a favor and call or email Tracfone to ask them if Tracfone supports WiFi calling. Tracfone advised me in writing they do not support WiFi calling but perhaps will in the future. I have their written email to prove it. So anyone expecting to make calls on their Tracfone through their WiFi and not use their Tracfone minutes you better forget it.

I never used wifi calling so it is not something I would miss. I find the 1200 min they give me to be more than adequate. If that isn't enough perhaps you may need to consider a contract phone that offers unlimited use. Tracfones are not for everyone. I have the tracfone power and had 2 previous LG smartphones with tracfone. They are quite adequate for my needs.