Contributor

Re: "free exchanges" what does it actually mean?

@Kachina624 wrote:

@leigh.  If you exchange an item for another with the same item number within 30 days, you will not be charged return shipping and handling. 

Where do you get the idea that you will be charged?

Thanks.

I was thrown off a bit by the wording I bolded below. It just seemed like it was a little squishy so I wanted to be sure I understood and wasn't surprised. Frankly I still don't quite get what it's supposed to mean in the context of exchange.

What's your policy for exchanges?

If you're not satisfied with your purchase for any reason, our return policy allows you to send back returns-eligible merchandise within 30 days of the date you received the package for an exchange. Simply use the Q Return Label within 30 days of receipt to return your item for a free replacement of the same item in a different color or size. If your request for an exchange results in any additional merchandise or shipping costs, and you paid by credit card, your credit card will be charged for those additional costs. Payment methods other than a credit card may result in an order cancellation & a refund may be issued. If the requested exchange is no longer available, including items on waitlist and advance order, QVC will issue a refund and not deduct the Q Return Label fee.

Contributor

Re: "free exchanges" what does it actually mean?

@Ronettes wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Ronettes.  You are not charged return shipping if you return for an exchange and the item is not available.

Wrong, I was charged -

When I called to dispute, I was told the item was no longer available in the wanted size, and I had to pay for the return.

@Kachina624 is correct. I found the exchange info on the website and it does say if it's not available to exchange you will be refunded and the return label not deducted.

What's your policy for exchanges?

If you're not satisfied with your purchase for any reason, our return policy allows you to send back returns-eligible merchandise within 30 days of the date you received the package for an exchange. Simply use the Q Return Label within 30 days of receipt to return your item for a free replacement of the same item in a different color or size. If your request for an exchange results in any additional merchandise or shipping costs, and you paid by credit card, your credit card will be charged for those additional costs. Payment methods other than a credit card may result in an order cancellation & a refund may be issued. If the requested exchange is no longer available, including items on waitlist and advance order, QVC will issue a refund and not deduct the Q Return Label fee.