Trusted Contributor

Re: Still No Refund After 5 Month!

Notice that this poster never returned to this thread? That speaks volumes!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KingstonMom   To be honest, she was attacked.  Not many people would come back and respond after that.

I agree QVC is an up and up company...most of the time, but not always.

I had a problem with them when they charged me tax on a pair of shoes.  There is no tax on shoes in PA.

I tried to get them to return my money.  We went back and forth for weeks.  They refused to refund by money. I even got a letter from corporate.

I finally had to file a complaint with the state, and they, the state of PA, refunded my money.

That left a bad taste in my mouth about QVC.  I don't buy much anymore and if I do, I always check to see if the state tax is correct.

I am not the only one this has happened to.  I have seen other posters complain over the years as well.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonMom wrote:

Notice that this poster never returned to this thread? That speaks volumes!

@KingstonMom.  Such posters rarely answer questions or return to comment.  It's obvious  we're not getting the full story and she doesn't want to provide it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Yep, OP can't be bothered to respond here but yet has started up a second post with the exact same subject matter. 

I don't buy these stories for one minute. Never.

Respected Contributor

@Carmie, if I'm not mistaken Pennsylvania does have exclusion and there is state sales tax on some type of shoes such as sports and athletic shoes, swim shoes, snowshoes and formal wear. 

Honored Contributor

@Etoile308   You are correct.  We have no sales tax on most clothing including shoes, except for furs, ice skates, wedding dresses,swimwear, hunting clothing, etc. 

If clothing or shoes can only be worn for a specific purpose or it is a luxury item, It could be taxed.

Everyday shoes like sneakers, loafers, boots, pumps, slippers and  sandals are not taxed.

My shoes that were taxed were just slip on microfiber shoes to wear around the house and maybe for a quick run to the store.

They were comfortable....I bought five pairs in all and only paid sales tax on one pair from QVC.  I bought one pair from Macy's and some from Zappos...no tax.

They were BZEES.

The state of PA agreed with me and they refunded my money after I filled out a form.