Honored Contributor

Returned Item When It Was Free Shipping

I had returned a pair of shoes that was purchased on free shipping day.  I had it on easy pay.  I wasn't refunded the full easy pay so I questioned it in an email.  I was told I wasn't refunded the orginial $5.50 shipping.  I didn't even pay the $5.50 shipping as it was free so why are they deducting for it?  This makes no sense!

Respected Contributor

Re: Returned Item When It Was Free Shipping

It was an error, just call CS they will refund the shipping. 

Honored Contributor

Did this via email chat.  I haven't heard back yet. 

Respected Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

Did this via email chat.  I haven't heard back yet. 

@Pecky 

Start a new chat or call customer service.

As stated it was an error and they can fix it.

Honored Contributor

You do realize that unless the order was wrong or item defective, you still have to pay for the return shipping costs even with free shipping to you.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

You do realize that unless the order was wrong or item defective, you still have to pay for the return shipping costs even with free shipping to you.

I do realize that but, but this is for the original shipping that was free and I didn't pay for the shipping but they are deducting it from my refund.  BTW I also used my own shipping label not to be charged for using their label.

Honored Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

I do realize that but, but this is for the original shipping that was free and I didn't pay for the shipping but they are deducting it from my refund.  BTW I also used my own shipping label not to be charged for using their label.

@Pecky 

Make sure you don't get charged for that too.  They're notorious for charging return shipping when you paid for it yourself.😠

Honored Contributor

Why not just call and talk to someone ... it's the quick way to get it resolved. 

Honored Contributor

All set, I did a chat and it was resolved.  

Respected Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

Well, it's their mistake. Call customer service and explain.