Super Contributor

QVC Please stop using USPS for our deliveries!

I used to be on a first name basis with the UPS driver! Lol That was back in the day when orders were received in a timely manner.  At some time, the powers that be, at QVC, decided they could save money by shipping our items to us via USPS. At what point will they return to using UPS? 

Respected Contributor

Re: QVC Please stop using USPS for our deliveries!

Never , because it is cheaper for them. See my post on HSN shipping at least they ship in a timely manner.

Honored Contributor

In my state, QVC switched from shipping USPS to UPS.  I don't have a problem with either.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

I'm happy with USPS.  My UPS deliveries would normally come between 8 and 9PM. USPS comes at a much more reasonable time

Honored Contributor

I have no problem with USPS delivery even though is a day or two later.

Super Contributor

Re: QVC Please stop USPS for our deliveries!

I have USPS Informed Delivery. I was mis-informed because the package I was suppose to receive today was not delivered.  I wish we could select UPS and pay extra.

Respected Contributor

Re: QVC Please stop USPS for our deliveries!

The UPS truck just went  past my house.,didn't stop, because he went 3 blocks away from me to the post office, where they will deliver it when they get good and ready. then they cram it in the box, Amazon mail with the post office, it comes in 2 days.

@wingnut wrote:

I have USPS Informed Delivery. I was mis-informed because the package I was suppose to receive today was not delivered.  I wish we could select UPS and pay extra.

Respected Contributor

I understand your frustration but I doubt it will change. My packages that come from the east coast  are sent past me in St. Louis 4 hrs away to KC via UPS then back to St. Louis via UPS. then transfered to USPS then delived to me.  It takes several addtional days for shipment, makes no sense to me but what do I know ! Woman Frustrated

Respected Contributor

My son, a UPS driver, says that UPS has a contract with the PO to deliver this way. Many asked for lower shipping costs and that's what we are getting on many items through this method.  A few of my orders are still delivered by UPS but it's usually when they have charged higher shipping fees on it..   Yes, this shipping method is long and frustrating.and I would still rather pay more for the same service we had before. And if I remember correctly, we used to get free returns too.

I understand your frustration but I doubt it will change. My packages that come from the east coast  are sent past me in St. Louis 4 hrs away to KC via UPS then back to St. Louis via UPS. then transfered to USPS then delived to me.  It takes several addtional days for shipment, makes no sense to me but what do I know ! Woman Frustrated

Respected Contributor

I don't use the shipping method that it defaults too.  That is the 3.50 one.  That is USPS all the way called mail innovations.  If I use this it will take weeks to get to me.  I use the second choice of shipping on the check out page.  This is UPS all the way.  I get it in two to three days, usually two and I don't have to baby sit my orders.  Yes, choosing this method will cost around 12.00 to ship but it's worth it to me.  Since QVC is good with easy pay with no interest, it's worth it.