Frequent Contributor

Re: QVC Please stop using USPS for our deliveries!

[ Edited ]

Not to mention returns!  Once you take your package to the post office, it could take many weeks before it arrives at QVC.  I am not exaggerating.  

I am in the process of returning a defective coat that must be returned within 10 days because I got special compensationn being that it is beyond the 30 day warranty. I will take it to the post office tomorrow (Monday), and then will call QVC to make sure they know the package is at the post office (although sometimes they do know, and send me an emaill stating that they know this; other times there is no confirmation that they know it is at the post office).

I have no doubt that this coat will not arrive at QVC within 10 days.  In fact, I will be surprised if it arrives within a month.  So, this is why I dislike USPS and also why I hate returning things.   My experience in returning items is that I have to stay on top of it via phone calls to them.  Eventually they credit my card, often having not received the item, possibly to just shut me up.

Recently I received an email that an item was received by the post office, and I would be receiving a refund soon.  Four weeks later I was charged $6.96 for the return.

Just got to stay on top of it!

Respected Contributor

Re: QVC Please stop USPS for our deliveries!

@wingnut wrote:

I have USPS Informed Delivery. I was mis-informed because the package I was suppose to receive today was not delivered.  I wish we could select UPS and pay extra.

you CAN choose UPS all the way.  On the page where you check out, there's a small red arrow drop down menu with THREE choices.  The first one is the one that they default you to.  That's the 3.50 one.  That one would take weeks for my stuff to get to me.  I choose the SECOND method, that's UPS ALL THE WAY and I get it in two to three days.  The third one is like over night.  Well, I don't need that but the second one I have to pay around 12.00 or so but I don't want to have to baby sit my orders.  Got WAY too much to do.  Yes, I would like the 3.50 one but hey, some merchants are great with shipping, some are not.

Thanks for the info about shipping options.

I'm normally very careful when ordering anything. Double-checking billing address and shipping addresses. I recently won an eBay auction and had it sent to my previous address because we recently moved and I hadn't used eBay in over a year. That was a fun hour drive! That was the first and last time I will make that mistake.

Wish I would've checked the shipping options. I hate myself for not checking. I had my shipping address triple-checked due to my recent mistake. Now I am doomed to wait a few extra days for my item thanks to the UPS to USPS hand-off. My local post office people are great (both delivery person and in office). We get most mail in a very timely manner, even those rare Amazon or other orders that go USPS the whole way. Seems like the UPS > USPS hand-off is where the problems come in. The hand-off happens in different locations (sometimes in my state, other times a bordering state).

It's still 2 states away. It's been to 2 different locations in Pennsylvania in 24 hours which seems a little insane. It's still there. It should've been in Ohio by now. I could've driven to to PA to pick it up and returned without missing a day of work. The sad thing is I think UPS still has it. Can't wait until it's handed off in my state at the hub that's a 30 minute drive from my house. Probably take a day just to leave that facility. It took 3 days before I even had a tracking number from QVC which is not what I'm used to expecting.

I'm just spoiled with the faster delivery service from other places. It's first world problems for sure. I'll just wait the extra day or two and get over it. If there is a next time, I will be sure to check the shipping options. I appreciate the info!

Honored Contributor

FEDEX is best !

Contributor

Last month I paid $20 to upgrade UPS My Choice for a year and now all my Surepost packages are automatically upgraded to UPS.  Hallelujah!  It's like Amazon Prime!

Just make sure you have it on Auto upgrade if you're going to be away.  There's a weird glitch where if you choose to have all UPS held, AND all USPS held, the Surepost packages kind of fall through the cracks and I came home to a stack of Surepost packages piled up at my door.  

So just because you may have to wait a little longer think about this... by QVC sourcing with USPS that is another way to stimulate job growth in our country...Amazon already does enough "damage" to our countries economy in ways... Let QVC use another shipping method and US learn patience so that EVERYONE can get a fare share and maybe jobs can be saved.