Super Contributor

Order not shipped, past estimated arrival date

I bought a fig tree in late April, it was estimated to arrive on 5/2. It's still processing. The day I bought it, it sold out later in the day. I checked and it's back in stock, but may sell out again.... Which is why I'm posting about it just two days past the arrival date. 

Question, will it still ship, or will the system cancel the order should it sell out again. I would like to receive it, and waiting for it is fine. Just curious. TIA! 

Honored Contributor

Re: Order not shipped, past estimated arrival date

I would call customer service and ask. They should be able to look into why your order hasn't shipped yet.

Respected Contributor

@Ane1Care wrote:

I bought a fig tree in late April, it was estimated to arrive on 5/2. It's still processing. The day I bought it, it sold out later in the day. I checked and it's back in stock, but may sell out again.... Which is why I'm posting about it just two days past the arrival date. 

Question, will it still ship, or will the system cancel the order should it sell out again. I would like to receive it, and waiting for it is fine. Just curious. TIA! 

@Ane1Care   What were you told when you called CS?

Esteemed Contributor

@Ane1Care - The dates for shipping of live plants are estimated based on hardiness zones and typical weather patterns for each area. I ordered tomatoes in early April and was quite surprised when they arrived in mid-April instead of this week as originally noted in my order. We were having warmer weather than usual in early April, and we had one or two nice days this week, but it's still quite cold where I live and I wish the plants had come as planned. So far (fortunately), they seem to be doing well inside as they await their transplant to the outdoors.

All this is to say that it is likely your tree will be on the way soon! I wouldn't worry about "sellouts" of items like this that are on preorder because the numbers/inventory will vary a lot due to the temperature-based scheduling offers as well as people changing their minds as they often do with advance orders. When you place an order well in advance, the approach is to basically hold your place in the queue until shipping time comes; you should be ahead of anyone else who decided to order the tree today, for example.

Good luck! I hope you get a fantastic fig sometime soon...  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Something like a fig tree is coming from the vendor. Q has no control over their shipping. It is what it is.

Esteemed Contributor

If you get the fig tree, I sure hope you have better luck than I did.  We have one...but it's nothing like it's supposed to be sadly.

Respected Contributor

I just got mine. It's a stick with three tiny leaves. It came a day later than promised and wish it never came. The size for the price is a joke.

Esteemed Contributor

@Catch71 wrote:

I just got mine. It's a stick with three tiny leaves. It came a day later than promised and wish it never came. The size for the price is a joke.

we've had this one for several years now and it's still pitiful.  I won't even bother to describe the few figs that it sometimes will produce...even worse.😔