Trusted Contributor

Re: New rewards coupons be careful with them

Free shipping isn't a price adjustment.  All online retailers are very strict about free shipping promos.

I can't even imagine what would happen if everyone that ordered the day before a free shipping day wanted an adjustment.  What a debacle that would be.  

Plus, they shouldn't announce free shipping before it happens because it's meant to spur sales on that day, not delay purchases from the day(s) before.  QVC is trying to right the ship, not be fiscally irresponsible.  

Trusted Contributor

In regards to the Free Shipping issue, just a few weeks ago I ordered an item on Friday and the next day was a free shipping day.  I contacted QVC customer service via Chat, and was advised they would adjust the s&h fee if the order had been placed 3 hours prior to the beginning of the free shipping day.  I had placed my order about 10 hours before; however, they did adjust the s&h fee for me and stated it was for "this time only".  I consider myself a very good customer for many, many years so perhaps that is why they did adjust it for me.  I'm not sure why they made the exception, but I was very happy they did.

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

@Chatyone 2 ...........Have you called customer service to see if they can help?  Or get ahold of the mods on here they are great at helping.

@Imaoldhippie   @Chatyone 2   Nobody, not the mods or anyone else, is going to give free shipping on orders placed before the period began.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 ...........The OP said nothing about getting free shipping.  She ordered the wrong one.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie.  You're right, it was others who got on the free shipping tangent. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 ............Yes they definitely hijacked the thread.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Super Contributor

@Tori3569 wrote:

Free shipping isn't a price adjustment.  All online retailers are very strict about free shipping promos.

I can't even imagine what would happen if everyone that ordered the day before a free shipping day wanted an adjustment.  What a debacle that would be.  

Plus, they shouldn't announce free shipping before it happens because it's meant to spur sales on that day, not delay purchases from the day(s) before.  QVC is trying to right the ship, not be fiscally irresponsible.  

I get at least 10 emails each day from QVC.   I would think it would be to their benefit to advertise those free shipping promotions in advance, and it's not like they'd be inconvenienced by sending those out since they already send so many emails each day.

Again, it's going to end up costing QVC in the end because even their own customer service representatives are telling customers to just send back the orders.  

Super Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

@Kachina624 ............Yes they definitely hijacked the thread.

The thread is about coupons/codes, so free shipping falls under that category.  

Stating that QVC is refusing to make adjustments to any order (no matter the cause) is also relevant.