Respected Contributor

In the past orders were able to be edited (change color, size, etc. or cancel order) within the same day it was placed.  Now, although everything doesn't ship out right away, the order goes in process immediately not allowing you to make a change.  I ordered 2 of the TSV last night when it came on at midnight, changed my mind about which fruit I chose, and it will not allow me to edit my order, only 12 hours later.  I will be interested to see how quick this ships.  Last time I tried to edit, my order did not really process for days!

I assume this is the Q's way of keeping us from cancelling an order once it is placed, but it was nice to be able to edit the order the same day it was placed.  Makes me think twice about ordering because the cost of returns is absurd and often the exchange policy does not work because the item you want is sold out!  

Honored Contributor

Re: Editing orders the same day

Several on here has noticed that ,including me .Woman Mad

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
QVC Customer Care

@Catch71

Hi,

Thank you for posting, I will pass along your feedback on this editing issue. I am sorry for the inconvenience. 

Susan Q-Social

Respected Contributor

@Susan-QVC wrote:

@Catch71

Hi,

Thank you for posting, I will pass along your feedback on this editing issue. I am sorry for the inconvenience. 

Susan Q-Social

Thank you Susan.  I ordered 2 of the tsv, one as a gift, and later saw Harry Slotkin offer a different candle in a jar that I would have liked better as the gift.  In the past you were usually able to make a change the same day.

Esteemed Contributor

@Catch71 wrote:

@Susan-QVC wrote:

@Catch71

Hi,

Susan Q-Social

Thank you Susan.  I ordered 2 of the tsv, one as a gift, and later saw Harry Slotkin offer a different candle in a jar that I would have liked better as the gift.  In the past you were usually able to make a change the same day.

@Catch71I've found if you calll customer service and speak with a Manager, they might be able to edit the order. They've sped up the processing  too much imo- it really inconveniences the customer! The processing is faster, but it's still the same lengthy time to ship, I don't get it...Woman Frustrated

Contributor

I certainly hope QVC changes this policy as I will not continue to shop here. You can't cancel or edit an order once submitted. Of course this is to QVC's advantage since they no longer refund their shipping charge and charge an add'l fee to return the item. I use to enjoy shopping here because you had nothing to lose if there was a sizing issue or just something that wasn't  up to your standards. Not anymore. 

Respected Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@Catch71 wrote:

@Susan-QVC wrote:

@Catch71

Hi,

Susan Q-Social

@Catch71I've found if you calll customer service and speak with a Manager, they might be able to edit the order. They've sped up the processing  too much imo- it really inconveniences the customer! The processing is faster, but it's still the same lengthy time to ship, I don't get it...Woman Frustrated

I spoke with cs and they said they put it in process quickly so we can get it faster. This is not entirely true as things are sometimes in process for days.

Respected Contributor

@Charlie Bear wrote:

I certainly hope QVC changes this policy as I will not continue to shop here. You can't cancel or edit an order once submitted. Of course this is to QVC's advantage since they no longer refund their shipping charge and charge an add'l fee to return the item. I use to enjoy shopping here because you had nothing to lose if there was a sizing issue or just something that wasn't  up to your standards. Not anymore. 

You are so right.  Their long time customers realize what they are doing and are going to shop elsewhere.  

Contributor

@Catch71 I recently placed an order and after placing went straigth to order status to verify I ordered the correct ring size. Within less than a minute of placing the order the status was showing 'in process' ; that was 2 days ago and order still remains 'in process'.  

Frequent Contributor

I am going to put myself in the mud on this one. I have to agree with QVC's new policy on purchases. I admit I am a complusive shopper and often change my mind or return things. I am sure that the policy they had before where an item could be purchased, changed or deleted later caused the flow of their business to be problematic. It's not QVC's fault  that we the consumer can't make up our minds. If you choose to not shop here again because of this, so be it.