Respected Contributor

can anyone tell me why my "signal" bar (the one that alerts you that you have a message, or call) keeps flashing, even when i have responded to all texts, checked the call log, answered everything? Any help appreciated. thanks.

Honored Contributor

Re: help with tracphone please

low battery?

Honored Contributor

What brand of Tracfone do you have? I have an LG and mine does not flash at all.

QVC Customer Care

[ Edited ]

Hi @kittyloo, That is a good question. You may want to contact Tracfone Customer Care at 1-800-816-0663 for LG.

Respected Contributor

151949, if your phone doesn't flash, how do you know you have a txt message, if you didn't hear the ding sound? Mine is a LG as well

Honored Contributor

@kittyloo wrote:

151949, if your phone doesn't flash, how do you know you have a txt message, if you didn't hear the ding sound? Mine is a LG as well

It does ding and then there is a little 1 over the message icon.

Trusted Contributor

I have this exact same problem with my Samsung Galaxy S3 phone.  The notification light flashes but no new incoming  texts, emails or voice mails.  Very annoying.

Honored Contributor

@kittyloo - If you're talking about the light at the bottom of the phone that flashes, check your "notifications".

You can do this by pulling down the notification bar from the top of the screen - where you see the icons like "wireless", bars, etc..  I don't know how to explain it, but just put your finger at the top of the screen and draw it downward.  You should see any notifications that are there for you.  These are different from texts, emails, etc..  Once you clear them, the flashing should stop.

Then just close it by reversing the action.

My DH also complained to me once about this "flashing light", but he never bothered to check out the tutorial on the phones that explains it.  We have the LG Ultimate II.

Honored Contributor

@vickie25 wrote:

I have this exact same problem with my Samsung Galaxy S3 phone.  The notification light flashes but no new incoming  texts, emails or voice mails.  Very annoying.

@vickie25 - The answer for you is probably the same thing I just posted above.

Trusted Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@vickie25 wrote:

@vickie25 - The answer for you is probably the same thing I just posted above.

I'll check that out.  I didn't realize there could be other types of notifications.

Thank you