Respected Contributor

Rain and thunder all day here

The storms are just training over my area - it has rained all day - thunder and a bit of lightning.  This is supposed to go on through Monday!  Yikes!  There are flood warnings out already.

Honored Contributor

Re: Rain and thunder all day here

I'm watching the NASCAR race in Ohio and it has rained for most of the race.

Honored Contributor

I hope your home isn't in an area that floods.  

Respected Contributor

We had rain and thunder all day yesterday. 

We sure could use some more rain - everything looks so dry out there.

Esteemed Contributor

Severe thunderstorms and heavy rain here, too, in RI.......mother nature is amazing.....

Trusted Contributor

That's how it was here last night (Illinois).  I love it!  We need more but now it's so bright out I had to close some of the curtains.  I turned on my flameless candles and some harvest colored string lights last night and enjoyed the sound of the rain!  Be safe, though ~ nothing cozy about floods! 

Honored Contributor

No rain here in Southern NY. Just horrible unrelenting heat, and when it does rain it immediately gets humid and even hotter. Can you tell that I'm over it  ??

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

Thanks to everyone who said where you are . . . . I wish everyone would tell us where you live - at least what state you're in.

We're in S.E. Louisiana, and we're about to float away.  Luckily our house is located where we are pretty much high and dry, but today even the Interstate was shut down due to flooding.  Baton Rouge had at least 8.5 inches yesterday, and they are just about an hour west of us.  Our bridges are mosts flooded over right now but they will probably go down in a day or so unless we get more rain tomorrow. We're hoping for some nice dry weather.

Respected Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

Thanks to everyone who said where you are . . . . I wish everyone would tell us where you live - at least what state you're in.

We're in S.E. Louisiana, and we're about to float away. 

I am also glad when posters give their location.  Otherwise the information given abour the weather is useless.  I'm in north NJ and it is brutally hot with some rain every evening.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm in the suburbs of Chicago and we had huge rains yesterday.  Today is partly sunny and the humongous humidity is finally fading. We're babysitting our daughter's dog,added to our two dogs it's a lot of wet paws to wipe. 

@Perkup seeing the flooding in Louisiana on the news how awful. My heart just goes out to people affected. I hope it wasn't that bad for you.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth