Honored Contributor

My younger son didn't want an actual doll but he did have a Snoopy with a small wardrobe.  I don't remember anyone being concerned about his masculinity even way back then.  

He had a large collection of stuffed animals.  He would ask for a new one and I'd buy it figuring it would be the last one -- lol.

I don't remember William's Doll though.

Valued Contributor

My grand daughter loves the "ninja turtle's"    And her fluffy stuffed friends,   well rounded is nice.   

Valued Contributor

My son had the "My Buddy" doll in the 80"s.  Do you remember that one?.  had jeans and a little red jacket.  He choose to carry his "velveteen rabbit" everywhere with him instead.  The adventures they had.Smiley Sad    so long ago.

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

My younger son didn't want an actual doll but he did have a Snoopy with a small wardrobe.  I don't remember anyone being concerned about his masculinity even way back then.  

He had a large collection of stuffed animals.  He would ask for a new one and I'd buy it figuring it would be the last one -- lol.

I loved the Snoopy with the wardrobe.

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

Our son adored his Snoopy (although his was naked) and Woodstock.  Maybe it was genetic but our only Grandson loves Snoopy too.

I do not think I've heard of William's Doll either.

Honored Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

@tansy wrote:

Our son adored his Snoopy (although his was naked) and Woodstock.  Maybe it was genetic but our only Grandson loves Snoopy too.

I do not think I've heard of William's Doll either.

Well, this g-ma has been doing her best to carry on the tradition with my grandson, but so far she's not having any luck.  Cat Happy

Trusted Contributor

Re: William's Doll

[ Edited ]

@stazgirl wrote:

My son had the "My Buddy" doll in the 80"s.  Do you remember that one?.  had jeans and a little red jacket.  He choose to carry his "velveteen rabbit" everywhere with him instead.  The adventures they had.Smiley Sad    so long ago.

Do you mean the Fisher Price Joey Doll that I posted above?  Here is another slightly different version of his jacket which does has some red on the sleeves.  I bought this for my boys in the other style I posted and was a little disappointed they didn't want to play with him. My neices did though when they came over.  I think he is so cute!

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~
Respected Contributor

Chickenbutt, I am so sorry that someone tried to steal your childhood from you. 

I adore stuffed animals. They were residents in my doll house and mr henny and I both have our sleeping "buddies". 

I am very fortunate to still have my childhood teddy bear. Most of my toys my went to my mother's "less fortunate" patients. 

Valued Contributor

@MrsSweetieBear wrote:

@stazgirl wrote:

Do you mean the Fisher Price Joey Doll that I posted above?  Here is another slightly different version of his jacket which does has some red on the sleeves.  I bought this for my boys in the other style I posted and was a little disappointed they didn't want to play with him. My neices did though when they came over.  I think he is so cute!

My Buddy,,,OOOPS he has blue overalls, I guess I didn't remember him right, he mostly sat on a shelf, my son liked to drag his Velveteen rabbit around.   I thought he would like the My Buddy cause his sister always took her Cabbage Patch with her everywhere, thought my son would like his own "buddy"

Valued Contributor

here is another version of him. Playskool made him.  Fisher Price and Playskool made THE BEST toys back then,   The Fisher Price wee people with the garage and the schol, airport, dollhouseSmiley Happy   we had soooo many of those in our house whent he kids were young.