Trusted Contributor

Awww, he's cute too stazgirl.

tansy, my son had a cute stuffed Snoopy dog too.  A gift from Santa under the tree one Christmas when he was three.  He liked him but it was a generic floppy little dog that he picked out himself shortly after that became his best companion named 'Doggy Buff'.  Awww the fond memories.  He will be 39 next month.

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~
Valued Contributor

yep, mine was three when he got the Velveteen Rabbit from Santa, Up until then he had had several stuffed animals but none that he carried around, UNTIL that Christmas, after that "real rabbit" as he called him went EVERYWHERE with us.. We still have him, dirty and dingy but still just as "real"  definately loved, he sits on an old trunk in the living room. My son would have been 30 this October, lost him 8 yrs ago.   But he lives on in "real rabbit"

Trusted Contributor

@stazgirl wrote:

yep, mine was three when he got the Velveteen Rabbit from Santa, Up until then he had had several stuffed animals but none that he carried around, UNTIL that Christmas, after that "real rabbit" as he called him went EVERYWHERE with us.. We still have him, dirty and dingy but still just as "real"  definately loved, he sits on an old trunk in the living room. My son would have been 30 this October, lost him 8 yrs ago.   But he lives on in "real rabbit"

I am so sorry for your terrible loss, stazgirl.  My son recently came across his ole Doggy Buff shoved in storage and put his picture on facebook.

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~
Trusted Contributor

My grandson is three.  When he was two, we bought him a kitchen set for Christmas.  It was my daughter's suggestion and we didn't see anything wrong with it.  He has played with it every day since....and makes coffee for his parents when he gets up in the morning, lol.

But, you wouldn't believe the odd looks I got from a few friends, when they asked me what we were getting him for Christmas that year.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Honored Contributor

@only shops online wrote:

My grandson is three.  When he was two, we bought him a kitchen set for Christmas.  It was my daughter's suggestion and we didn't see anything wrong with it.  He has played with it every day since....and makes coffee for his parents when he gets up in the morning, lol.

But, you wouldn't believe the odd looks I got from a few friends, when they asked me what we were getting him for Christmas that year.

Honestly, you are growing your grandson into being a decent husband (lol).  I'm all for exposing boys to kitchens and helping in the kitchen from a young age.  Seriously, get him a kid sized broom and dustpan or toy vaccum cleaner.  I am not kidding. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: William's Doll

[ Edited ]

There was a soundtrack record album released along with the 1972 book.

And a lovely and wonderful 1974 ABC television special:  

"Free To Be You And Me" 

Heart

Amazon has a 36th anniversary edition of the book and CD, along with a re-mastered DVD of the special.  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@only shops online wrote:

Honestly, you are growing your grandson into being a decent husband (lol).  I'm all for exposing boys to kitchens and helping in the kitchen from a young age.  Seriously, get him a kid sized broom and dustpan or toy vaccum cleaner.  I am not kidding. 

We already did, lol.  

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Honored Contributor

@onlyshopsonline

I also believe that little girls should be exposed to tool like toys.  I have two grown nieces that don't know how to change a tire on a car and I am mortified by it.  I've offered, umpteen times to show them how and .... nothin'.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Valued Contributor

Boys LOVE play kitchens!  I wonder why people would think that strange?  So many men love to cook😊And yes, girls need to know their way around basic tools, as boys do around basic sewing skills...have to prepare them for the world...and needless to say, those are basic home making skills.

Valued Contributor

@MrsSweetieBear wrote:

@stazgirl wrote:

I am so sorry for your terrible loss, stazgirl.  My son recently came across his ole Doggy Buff shoved in storage and put his picture on facebook.

Thank you...I have my memories..they live on forever don't they?