Honored Contributor

Sexual harassment at work is illegal.  Your employer has a legal obligation to protect you from this type of behavior.  They need to be aware of anyone who is harassing.

Most employers have this information posted in an HR handbook and make it known in the workplace environment that this type of behavior will not be tolerated.

Most employers will take care of complaints immediately as they don't want to involved in a legal matter involving sexual harassment.

A couple of years ago, a guard at the front desk at work was cat calling all of the younger females as they left the building at night.  One of my friends made a complaint to HR and he was warned to stop.  A couple of weeks later, he did it again and my friend reported it to HR again.  He lost his job that very same day.

Honored Contributor

@ladyroxanne wrote:

@Tinkrbl44

maybe i should make myself clear.

after i made my feelings known to this man and if management didn't back me up[ and he still continued to bother me, then i would have my husband intercede.

isn't that what husband's are for???   LOL

You just don't get it do you?  No husband should get involved in this type of situation...that's what the EEOC is for.  This man is violating federal law.  Your husband is not a law enforcement officer.  Pull up your big girl panties and take care of yourself!  Your attitude is very 1920ish.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I believe that involving your husband would be adding gasoline to the fire

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Re: Why Is This

[ Edited ]

@Desertdi wrote:

He might end up in jail. Never involve others with the workplace issues.

Maybe op really likes thiis guy.

Honored Contributor

@Ms X wrote:

I have never had a problem getting rid of men and I don't look like Quasimodo.  Just ignore them and they will leave you alone.  It's always worked for me.  I was visiting a friend once and happened to be in the kitchen at the same time as her sleazy boyfriend.  On my way to the fridge, he literally grabbed me.  I just kept walking without missing a beat, got my stuff out of the fridge and went back to the table as if nothing had happened.  We all had a lovely evening, and he never bothered me again. I knew it was nothing serious, so I didn't bother to mention it to her.  It was a summer fling, as I assumed it woudl be.

I could go on and on along those lines.  Would this approach help you?

No, that just teaches them that they can get away with it and they just move on to the next victim. Not all men stop if you ignore them, many escalate until they get acknowledged.

Honored Contributor

Re: Why Is This

[ Edited ]

@missy1 wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

He might end up in jail. Never involve others with the workplace issues.

Maybe op really likes thiis guy.

The OP clarified that this is someone that she works with having the difficulty with this guy. In a post further up she said that she will relay the responses on this thread to her.

Honored Contributor

I find it hard to believe that HR would not get involved. And what the heck is a "young senior"?

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

Sounds like it is the op herself. She quite often says how attractive she is. Notice how she describes in her original post it is an "attractive female". 

It it makes no difference who the female is though, it is harassment by the male coworker. 

Honored Contributor

If you have complained about this at work and they are doing nothing, you can contact the EEOC and file a complaint as they are creating a hostile work environment.  Even if there is no HR person, a company cannot dismiss complaints of harassment.  Your concerns must be take seriously and looked into.    

Esteemed Contributor

Gals, NO, it's not me.  The gal is a retired teacher who is from Luxenberg I believe.  He's a senior citizen by definition but a young one.  Meaning, her works out to be able to compete with younger men, is vain, thinks he's the male gift to all females.  Openly admits he doesn't like older women and women in his age group.  I've already mentioned that the HR representative was laid off and there is currently no one yet to replace her. 

I know it's a form of harassment but he's so clever at it, it's not so easy to catch him. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust