Honored Contributor

Re: Who Do You Think..........

Women!!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

In my life, I'm not too bad at running things and anticipating problems but I don't have the responsibilities, tactical judgements and decision making that affects the lives of those my that my husband has to make every day. That he trusts my judgement with our family, that humbles me.

Those women who are responsible for themselves alone, for their children, parents, family are heroes imo

Respected Contributor

Even though I've read a few articles in the media about women being better at multitasking, I've also read a few scientific studies that show there is no convincing evidence to prove it...at least at this time.

I'm not a good multitasker myself. I like to give my undivided (and quiet)  attention to one task at a time, whereas my husband can have six different things going on at once while the radio is blasting away.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

Well, watching tv and answering a question isn't really multitasking.   I do agree that, in general, women are better at multitasking.  We have to wear multiple hats and do 3 three things at the same time.  It's just what we do. 

Trusted Contributor

I don't believe it has to do with gender, but the individual.  My late husband and I  were both good at multi-tasking.  I also was the head of a Math Department before retiring and both genders of teachers were equally good at multi-tasks.  I did find women whined more and men just got to it. LOL 

Honored Contributor

I don't think there is a "correct" answer to this.

Also, I believe there is published info out there about multi-tasking not really being as good as we've been led to believe. Much of the time it is best not to multi-task; a better job is done by sticking to one thing at a time. 

Respected Contributor

I know of one guy who can write a whole lot of executive orders at one time!!

Esteemed Contributor

I don't know. But, I do know I stink at it. I think some people can do it well, I have heard my dh say at his job he has 4 large computer screens he has to keep up with at one time. He doesn't do this all day, every day. Not sure he could do it all the time.

I have a friend who is an office manager. A long time employee quit. My friend  has been thru about 5 people already. She says people can't multi talk at all these days. All she has hired has been women, both older and younger. I have heard some crazy stories. She says if the last lady doesn't work out, she is going to try to hire a man.

Esteemed Contributor

I think women are better at multi-tasking, at least in my house.