Respected Contributor

Re: White House Christmas Decorations

NO Thanks!!!!

Respected Contributor

@butterfly123      Really?????

Valued Contributor

The White House decorations look beautiful!  That rose garland is breathtaking.  Thanks to all who posted pictures.  I enjoyed them.

Esteemed Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@butterfly123  They are just beautiful! Wouldn't it have been fun to be part of the team that did the decorating? I always wanted to be a flower arranger, but my Mom said I was so slow and picky I could have only done one arrangement a day. Hahaha!

@PA Mom-mom  I just read your post and it's making me LAUGH. Woman LOL I'm the same way !!

Hahaha! Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for sharing Smiley Happy

I'd love to see the decorations in person.

Honored Contributor

Absolutely beautiful!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

I'm sorry to see they did that to the tree again this year - put something like a net around it so it looks like an inverted cone.

I don't know why it can't be decorated beautifully like the Rockefeller Center tree.

Nets of lights are tacky.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Porcelain wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

I'm sorry to see they did that to the tree again this year - put something like a net around it so it looks like an inverted cone.

I don't know why it can't be decorated beautifully like the Rockefeller Center tree.

Nets of lights are tacky.

@Porcelain @ValuSkr   The use of netting is fairly standard. 

It's been used through several years so I'm not sure why this one is "tacky".

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Interestingly, the first National Christmas tree lighting was kicked off by President Calvin Coolidge, in 1923.  The huge tree was from his native Vermont:

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

@ValuSkr  As far back as I can remember, the National Tree has been pretty much a debacle. It's part of a much larger display and who knows why they do it the way they do. Around DC it's pretty much a given that the tree to see is the US Capitol Tree, which is always far lovlier and far more natural looking... It is not netted and made to looked like it's been trussed up...

Smiley Wink

Image result for us capitol christmas tree 2019"

In my pantry with my cupcakes...