Respected Contributor

Re: What Have you Purchased Lately That You Would Recommend to Others?

On 6/15/2014 SugarNSpice said:

Skechers GoWalk 2 - LOVE! I have 5 pair in different colors. I have sold everyone I know and meet on them.

These are the absolute BEST!

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Super Contributor

On 6/15/2014 reiki604 said:
On 6/15/2014 SugarNSpice said:

Skechers GoWalk 2 - LOVE! I have 5 pair in different colors. I have sold everyone I know and meet on them.

These are the absolute BEST!

I do a lot of traveling, walking and standing on my feet. These are the BEST!

Honored Contributor

On 6/15/2014 kachina624 said:
On 6/15/2014 Lotus~ said:
On 6/15/2014 JustMeMelissa said:

The It BB cream from here...

It is AWESOME!

..and sheet sets that are a steal from Shop HQ... and really soft... 2 sets for 39 something...

Which sheets? I was watching the the other night and I tried to snag the OTO (or whatever they call it over there) but my size sold out quickly. I wanted them in the orange....it was a nice "creamsicle orange" color.

I see this thread becoming an "enabling" thread.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I've had such awful luck with sheets from SHq that I wouldn't take more if they sent them free. I latest fiasco was 2 sets of microfiber sheets, one a paisley print, one a solid with a stripe. They become the biggest mess on the bed and won't stay tucked, won't even stay on the mattress although they're plenty deep enough. Then there was a cotton/poly set...I only used the pillow cases as a trial and after using them one night they were a total wrinkled mess. I had a set of micro fleece sheets that were so thin I could watch TV through them. No thanks to more SHq linens!

I've done pretty well with sheets from SHQ but, as Kachina said, I'd stay away from the cotton/poly and microfiber types. I mostly stick with 600-800TC 100% Egyptian cotton.

I also go with the striped (tone on tone of course) ones because I have a hard time with getting the fitted sheet on, due to my own limitations, and I hate trying to figure out where the top/bottom is so, with striped ones, it always goes from top to bottom. easy! Smiley Happy

They frequently have a value of the day with sheets and I think a lot of the ones I've gotten are from their 'North Shore Linens' line.

Respected Contributor

if you love unique nailpolishes - check out rainbowhoney.com

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Honored Contributor

On 6/15/2014 ------ said:

I like that one Jazzmom

Thanks ------! I bought them in white and black. Last year I bought Naturalizer Cadence which is a similar style. I wear my sandals a lot in the warmer months.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

It is AWESOME!

..and sheet sets that are a steal from Shop HQ... and really soft... 2 sets for 39 something...

Which sheets? I was watching the the other night and I tried to snag the OTO (or whatever they call it over there) but my size sold out quickly. I wanted them in the orange....it was a nice "creamsicle orange" color.

I've had such awful luck with sheets from SHq that I wouldn't take more if they sent them free. I latest fiasco was 2 sets of microfiber sheets, one a paisley print, one a solid with a stripe. They become the biggest mess on the bed and won't stay tucked, won't even stay on the mattress although they're plenty deep enough. Then there was a cotton/poly set...I only used the pillow cases as a trial and after using them one night they were a total wrinkled mess. I had a set of micro fleece sheets that were so thin I could watch TV through them. No thanks to more SHq linens!

Really? I bought three sets of those sheets for thre of my kids, they love them. they said that with each washing they became softer. I used the paisley set last week when I visited my middle daughter, not bad.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

On 6/15/2014 JaneMarple said:

It is AWESOME!

Really? I bought three sets of those sheets for thre of my kids, they love them. they said that with each washing they became softer. I used the paisley set last week when I visited my middle daughter, not bad.

It's nice someone likes them. They have terrible reviews.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Birki’s by Birkenstock Catalina Platform Sandals - Patent Birko-flor® (For Women) in Pink Sierra Trading Post Birkenstock Catalina Platforms on closeout for $46 something per pair. Bought patent black, pink, orange and red. When I purchased I got free shipping. Very cute on!

Super Contributor

Bought these as well, Sierra Trading Post. They have several styles on sale and closeout.

Birki’s by Birkenstock Catalina Mayan Sandals - Birko-flor® (For Women) in Brown - CloseoutsPapillio by Birkenstock Madrid Sandals - Birko-flor® (For Women) in Rhombus Blue - Closeouts

Honored Contributor

On 6/15/2014 JaneMarple said:

It is AWESOME!

It's nice someone likes them. They have terrible reviews.

Maybe they received a different batch, that can happen. I bought them sometime last fall when they were 3 pairs for $60.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson