Honored Contributor

to our nieces wedding.

It was addressed to Mr. & Mrs. and our daughters name.

Our daughter is 26 years old, doesn't live with us and is the brides only cousin on her fathers side of the family.

At the very least, I think our daughter deserved her own invitation.

Am I being overly sensitive?

Esteemed Contributor

I would not worry about it or give it a second thought.

Honored Contributor

It wouldn't matter to me.

Super Contributor

Overly sensitive - yes

Honored Contributor

Does she have your daughter's address???

Honored Contributor

Overly sensitive.

Respected Contributor

Not a second thought, I would however send one gift with all three names.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Trusted Contributor

Definitely over sensitive. Yes, the bride should have taken the time to inquire about her cousin's address and mailed her her own invitation. But, really--is it really such a big deal? Just be honored that she wants the three of you to be a part of her special day.

I hope you have the good taste not to mention it to anyone that may spread the word to the bride or her parents.

Super Contributor

Because your daughter was included on your invitation as if she were still a child, does that mean she can bring a date or not? And, yes, in the grand scheme of things it's no big deal but when there's a small family as in your case it is slightly hurtful to think the bride couldn't be bothered to find out her cousin's address. But that's how so many things are done today - with no bother and very little thought.

Super Contributor
On 3/5/2015 BlueCollarBabe said:

Because your daughter was included on your invitation as if she were still a child, does that mean she can bring a date or not? And, yes, in the grand scheme of things it's no big deal but when there's a small family as in your case it is slightly hurtful to think the bride couldn't be bothered to find out her cousin's address. But that's how so many things are done today - with no bother and very little thought.

Nicely stated.

“There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn, and people we can't live without but have to let go.” Author Unknown