Trusted Contributor

John, I will contiune keeping you and Cindy in my thoughts and prayers. Blessings to you both...and happy birthday to your MIL.

Member Since 11/20/2008
Respected Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

First I want to thank "sfnative/Rebecca" for posting the thread about my wife's issues. Also want to thank everyone that sent prayers and their thoughts her/my way.

I know I left a confusing message about my wife and should have made it more clear to Rebecca. My wife went to the ER and we were there from about 10pm till 4am. The ER doctor did a contrasting CAT Scan and told her there was a narrowing in her intestine.

He left it up to her if she wanted to go home or stay as an inpatient. She opted to go home, against my wishes, because planning things for her mothers 90th birthday which is this coming weekend.

The ER doctor talked with one of her 3 Bariatric Surgeons and this doctor said as long as she did not eat solids she would probably be ok until the Bariatric Doctor saw her in his office.

That was earlier today and he said as long as she stuck with liquids only she "should be alright", but if pain increases to head right to the ER.

Anyways, she is scheduled to have this procedure done this coming Monday. Hopefully this will be the last for her as last year she had an open surgery in October and a scope surgery(for the same issue)5 weeks later.

Again, thank you to everyone that took time both by posting here and also time to say a prayer or send thoughts and good wishes her/our way.

Thank you so much to everyone,

JOhn

John, thank you so much for giving us the update on Cindy!  You guys really have had some harrowing health experiences!  Maybe you should co-author a book--or even a series of books!  You really are troopers!  Take care and don't either of you guys overdo it!  HUGS!

Respected Contributor

John, you and Cindy will be in my thoughts and prayers!

take care of yourselves!

henny

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the update @hckynutjohn. Continued

prayers.

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Update on my wife

[ Edited ]

Hi John,

Am so glad that Cindy made it through the weekend OK while dog sitting.  You must have been more than a bit worried.  With her Monday appointment behind her and plans for a procedure Monday next, I'm sending positive thoughts and prayers for as calm a week for both of you as possible, as you work to bring happiness to Cindy's Mother this weekend for her 90th Birthday.

Take care, friend.

For Cindy...

get well cat.jpg

Respected Contributor

Hello, hckynutjohn. Smiley Happy

Glad your wife is getting better. Hope she continues to get better.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Honored Contributor

This is for Cindy.

John, thanks for the update on Cindy.  My prayer is that her surgery on Monday will go well and that her recovery will be quick and essentially painless.  Prayers for her medical team too and, of course, for you as you provide daily care for her when she returns home. 

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Respected Contributor

Continued best wishes and good luck on her recovery.  I'm sure it's hard for the whole family.   

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the update.  Always keep us informed. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

I appreciate the update.  Hope this time the problem gets solved so things will get back on track.