Honored Contributor

Didn't she sell her dolls on QVC?  Didn't Bob Mackie design the gowns for her dolls?  Can't remember, but I get flashes of her selling dolls.  They say her doll collection was unparalleled.

Honored Contributor

@abbeythe 8th wrote:

I do not think Candy Spelling is the kind of person I'd want in my social circle but she has no obligation to continue to pay her adult married daughter's bills.

I've heard both Tori and her mother say, Grandma pays for the chldren's educations.

Who will inherit Candy Spelling's estate?

Wasn't there something about the reason Aaron Spelling left a relatively small amount of money to Tori was because after he gave her a 3 ring circus for a wedding, she began cheating on her husband with a married man?  I thought I read, they were not speaking at the time of his death.

@abbeythe 8th  Yes, this is the story I heard...that her Father was angry at Tori for leaving her then husband. I do not know why he did not give her brother much either...maybe his relationship with his son was strained as well at the time of his death.

Valued Contributor

She and her family could move out here to the IE, which is much cheaper than the coast.and where us regular folk liveSmiley Wink You get more for your money, although it's not inexpensive by any means. Not far into the city, just time consuming on the freeways.

Kidding aside, she appears to be a spoiled, pampered child that has never grown up and is irresponsible. I feel sorry for her children. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Tori Spelling in debt

[ Edited ]

I am really being opinionated here.  Something about their situation just struck a cord.  They are always in the news, so it is hard to avoid their life style, and it is known she is a real spender, big spender. But I guess I will go ahead and spout off.  LOL!  It is my opinion that Tori just needs to buckle up, hold on, grit her teeth and grow up.  They did make money, but her lifestyle is too exptravagant for what they make.  Both of them are bit of "has- beens", and they never have been" big "beens".  With always airing their private lives and with  financial scandals always clinging to them, who will hire them?  Believe it or not producers do look at the negative headlines.  They do not want people going to a film and looking at the actor and thinking about the actors marriage or financial problems.

Tori is still reported to cling to her hoarding, and has hundred of thousands hoarded away,,paying up to 3 or 4,000 a month for storage fees.  American Express doesn't sue  celebrities for not paying 38,000 if some sort of arrangements are made and kept.  But they will if no efforts are made to pay, or calls go unanswered.

The girl is really spoiled and no sense of reality with money.  I do feel bad, because anyone who hoards like that really has a problem and needs help.  I know Delta Burke was one of the biggest hoarders known to Ho;;ywood, but she dug her heels in and really sought help and sold most of her stuff.  It was painful and hard she said.  She did keep a little, but she had acres of storage they say.  Baby steps.

Candy Spelling is a narcissist, IMO (and it is my opinion only) and it reflects in her daughters emotional health.  But hey, help is available, we all know that.  IF Candy does help with her grandchildren, that is really good of her.  I would always see my grandkids had what they needed, but cut the parents off.  I am sure Tori and her husband have to pay thousands in rent, and their expenses have to be sky high.  It is hard for any "normal"  Californian to pay rent or mortgage here,.  I would say if they rent in the best area of LA they have to be paying 7,000 to 15,000 a month.  Just guessing by homes I know rent for that much.  This is hard to imagine but their are Malibu , Canyon properties that rent for over 50,000 a month.  True.

Anyway, I would hope they both  face the music, get a budget with a financial counselor,  Get emotional help.  Sell the hoard.  Make a plan to pay the bills of,f and make an effort to live with what they have.  I was looking at a photo of them together today, and here are 2 nice looking, privileged people  They have lines under their eyes, and puffiness, it looks like their life is full of stress and worry.  They don't look happy.  And who could be, financial worries are the pits.  JMHO

Respected Contributor

She and her husband are constantly in debt.

As long as her Mother helps bailing her out she will never learn. It is reported that her Mom helps them but does not pay their extravagant purchases, of which are astronomical.

No matter what amount of $ they have, it matters not,  because they will always buy above their means, and that is very sad.

Plan today so you can live in comfort tomorrow is something they have no belief in, but we do.

Honored Contributor

@tennpal15 wrote:

FYI, you don't pay taxes on inherited property. Of course, if you sell that property, that's a different story.

Idly wondering if she and her mother are still hoarding? Remember that storage place? And she had a room in her house that was jammed-packed with stuff.

That's the way it is here in Ohio. 

And it is nice to "see" you. 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@tennpal15 wrote:

FYI, you don't pay taxes on inherited property. Of course, if you sell that property, that's a different story.

Idly wondering if she and her mother are still hoarding? Remember that storage place? And she had a room in her house that was jammed-packed with stuff.

That's the way it is here in Ohio. 

And it is nice to "see" you. 

In California we do pay inheritence taxes over a certain amount. It is a lot, 5 million I think.  However, one does pay ESTATE taxes. Of course the taxes go by lineage, and how close the recipient is to the person willing them money.    Many estates contain  Interest bearing accounts, trusts, stocks, etc, those are taxable.  It is complicated.  Tori probably did not inherit enough to pay those taxes, but I know she had liens against her inheritance, attorneys fees.  Sometimes people have debts, expenses, etc, and it is put against the projected inheritance amount.  I don't think Tori has ever been debt free that I can remember.

Honored Contributor

Re: Tori Spelling in debt

[ Edited ]

Tori and Dean are renting a $7,500/mo. house in Encino, complete with a pool, spa, a gym and a media room.

http://www.people.com/article/tori-spelling-family-move-encino-rental-home

Honored Contributor

Candy Spelling is under no obligation to fund Tori's fiscal irresponsibilities.  Rags report that she is supporting her grandchildren's education.

Trusted Contributor

Maybe her father didn't leave her any money, because he was aware of irresponsible she is with it.