Respected Contributor

@fortune wrote:

I think the media is going overboard with its coverage of the Paris terrorist attacks.  We are making "stars" of the shooters, leaders, cousins, and those blowing themselves up!  If the terrorists want to become martyrs, we've got their backs--with our 24-hour obsession of reporting each and every move they make.

Besides that, we are aiding them in instilling fear (terror) in those viewing the reports of predicted attacks on New York, etc.  I think we should bring back all of our journalists from Paris and give one or maybe two short updates a day with NO names or pictures of the offenders.

It sounds like you're a fan of the 'ignorance is bliss' crowd....

Trusted Contributor

I like the constant news coverage.  I DO NOT WATCH the news all day so having the convience of the constant coverage is great.

The Kids at Missouri University where upset by the Paris coverage - an International Tragedy - because it took air time away from them.   They TWEETED their dismay at the lack of constant coverage on them.

Once I get my fill of the news I change the channel - turn the TV off ... 

Esteemed Contributor

France is my home away from home and so the coverage is important to me. There are less than a handful of channels that are focusing on the attacks, so Americans have a choice. We're all entitled to our opinions but I think the attack on Paris is a true game changer, where terrorists came up to individual innocent civilians and shot them point blank. We need to know a lot more about them than we knew before. I think the media are performing a public service that is very important in a free democracy.

Esteemed Contributor

That's American media. They get onto something and they won't let go, even if there is nothing new to report. They just use the same footage over and over.....until the next shark frenzy begins. Two days ago, it was Charlie Sheen and his HIV announcement being beaten to death on every news and talk show. How about a brief update on everything that is happening in the news, instead of hour after hour of one thing?

Esteemed Contributor

Well what else can those sub mediocre folks paid to read telepromters do?  I guess they could cover the boring debates.  It's all about sensationalizing everything. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

The media always wring every possible moment of drama out of these incidents and will continue until something else happens to report.  I often wonder how today's parents handle explaining it all to their children.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

The Paris attack is a major story and keeps getting bigger every day.

I just read that China now wants in on getting ISIS, that's important.  ISIS beheaded a Chinese and a Norwegian hostage and China is angry.

The more help putting ISIS in the grave, the better.

Personally, I like to be informed of what's going on, and I like an all news channel because I am not always available to dial in at noon or dinner time.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Frequent Contributor

Personally I prefer the media coverage. I like being informed. I don't watch 24/7 but I like the option. 

In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth and have begun striving for ourselves ~ Buddha ~
Trusted Contributor

Re: Too Much Coverage!

[ Edited ]

Where is Trump when you need a good diversion? Trump is always good for a laugh....he has been very quiet the past week...... 

Respected Contributor

Re: Too Much Coverage!

[ Edited ]

@June222 wrote:

Where is Trump when you need a good diversion? Trump is always good for a laugh....he has been very quite the past week......

yeah, June, like the 8 Syrans caught on our Texas border ....

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/11/18/report-8-syrians-caught-at-texas-border-in-laredo...

Or the the 6th caught in Honduras with a fake  passport.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/11/sixth-syrian-with-fake-passport-captured-in-honduras-on-way-...