Respected Contributor

Re: Tipping My Mobile Dog Groomer

We used a mobile groomer for years.  Her charge for a cocker spaniel went from $90 to $120 over about 6 years.  I always tipped her.  Her service was so appreciated by our dogs and ME!  Loved her.

Honored Contributor

I'd think you would tip like you tip the person who does your hair. 

Honored Contributor

we get our dog groomed every 3-4 weeks. she is tipped anywhere from $10-$20 depending on what services she does. full service would be  wash, cut, nails, ****** glands.....and of course a seasonal scarf. Smiley Wink

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@kivah.  I think the "owner of the salon" rule is not applicable in a dog grooming establishment.  Everybody, regardless of status, deserves a tip.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I tried to tip my groomer last time I was there.  I was using a debit card.  They told me there was no place on the gadget they were using, for tips.  So they got none.

you wouldn't give cash?

around here I can't add tips to the CC at all, and I think they would prefer the cash

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Our regular groomer moved away.  She worked in a shop and we used to tip her generously.   This past year we are using a Mobile Groomer for our Airedale, and she is the owner.  We do not tip her since she is the owner, but she will get a nice gift for the holiday.  We always pay her in cash.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@kivah.  I think the "owner of the salon" rule is not applicable in a dog grooming establishment.  Everybody, regardless of status, deserves a tip.

I don't agree.  The owner sets her prices and is the recipient of the full amount.  We always pay her in cash, so she has the flexibility of recording the transaction or not.

If one of her workers were to perform the service, we would then tip them.

We are very very generous tippers and gift givers,  but in this case I do not agree.

Esteemed Contributor

@nyc1

Same here!!!!

Honored Contributor

@nyc1....I agree with you - I pay a fair price, set by the groomer, and I am on a regular schedule for grooming - I do not tip....I can switch to paying in cash but I have no plan to start tipping.

Honored Contributor

The Credit card fee comes off the tip, too. That's why they prefer you don't tip on the card.
===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN