Esteemed Contributor

Tipping My Mobile Dog Groomer

I've been using my Mobile Dog Groomer for 2 years - and he's the BEST!!!! He grooms my 8 lb. lhasa apso 3 to 4 times/year. Cut/styling, bath, brushes her teeth. He parks his van right outside my front door - and spends about 1-1/4 hours. The last 2 years, I gave him $20. for Christmas - and I plan to give him $25. this year. Do u tip ur regular pet groomer or mobile groomer and how much?

Honored Contributor

Re: Tipping My Mobile Dog Groomer

When I had my dog I did. I did the standard 20% plus which was about where you are around $25-30.

Honored Contributor

I get my cat shaved & groomed once a year.  I tip 20% of the bill.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

I don't have a mobile groomer, but I do tip my regular groomer. We have a Springer Spaniel and pay $45 , I tip her $10.Zeke loves going to the groomer, and they love him. He gets all excited when we pull into the parking lot.

Honored Contributor

@kivah wrote:

I've been using my Mobile Dog Groomer for 2 years - and he's the BEST!!!! He grooms my 8 lb. lhasa apso 3 to 4 times/year. Cut/styling, bath, brushes her teeth. He parks his van right outside my front door - and spends about 1-1/4 hours. The last 2 years, I gave him $20. for Christmas - and I plan to give him $25. this year. Do u tip ur regular pet groomer or mobile groomer and how much?

@kivah  I have the Mobil groomer come about every 4 months.   It costs about $150 for bathing trimming brushout.  It is a large dog.  They have a van they park in the driveway  that they do everything in it.  It takes about an hour and 15 minutes.  I tip her $20 each visit. 

Honored Contributor

I tried to tip my groomer last time I was there.  I was using a debit card.  They told me there was no place on the gadget they were using, for tips.  So they got none.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden

I'm in Southern California and I pay $65 for my very small lhasa. The groomer is the owner. Are u tipping the owner or a worker? I actually didn't think most people would tip the groomer - but they deserve it when they're especially good. I always pay CASH!!!!

Honored Contributor

We were getting our collie groomed about once a month for awhile. And we always tipped $20 each time. 

Honored Contributor

@kivah wrote:

@SeaMaiden

I'm in Southern California and I pay $65 for my very small lhasa. The groomer is the owner. Are u tipping the owner or a worker? I actually didn't think most people would tip the groomer - but they deserve it when they're especially good. I always pay CASH!!!!

@kivah  It is a hired groomer.  I always tip service people. I know how much I appreciated a tip when I was working so I like to tip.

Honored Contributor

My six pound boy has long hair that just gets brushed out...

[ Edited ]

My six pound boy has long hair that just gets brushed out after his bath.  The only other service from the groomer is clipping his nails and trimming the paw hair so he has "round" paws.  I pay $45 plus tip (cash) once a month.  I used to pay almost twice this and was driving three times the distance to his groomer.  

I like his current groomer and bring a book to read while he is groomed. I make his appointment a month ahead and schedule him as the first appointment so he can be out in an hour.  I bring his shampoo and conditioner as it is ideal for his coat/skin.

Yes, I'm a helicopter mom....