Valued Contributor

This is the email I received from Schwan"s Foods

SCHWAN'S™ - QUALITY FOOD HOME DELIVERY - Est. 1952 
Dear XXXXXXXX

We are deeply saddened to report that your Schwan’s Home Delivery route representative died at home this week. Our employee was a loved and respected part of our team, and our thoughts and prayers are with their family and friends.

Our employee had suddenly fallen ill at work with a fever, had been immediately sent home as a precaution, and was instructed to contact their primary care provider. We have no confirmation that this employee died from complications of COVID-19 (the coronavirus). At this time, we do not know the cause of death and are actively communicating with the employee’s family and local health officials to determine exactly what happened.

The health and safety of our employees and customers is, as always, a top priority for us. As a precaution, we’ve temporarily closed the Pensacola, Florida, depot for sanitizing, and our employees will self-isolate in their homes for two weeks of company-paid leave, until we receive further information and safety guidance. While we take these precautions, we will temporarily pause delivery routes in your area and consider safe, alternative delivery methods.

We will communicate more information when we have updates. In the meantime, please follow CDC guidelines for personal hygiene, monitoring your health and adhering to social distancing. Your wellness is important to us.

Thank you for your understanding and support, and please know that we are eager to serve you again. If you have questions in the meantime, please contact our dedicated line at 1-888-414-5169.

Take care and please stay safe,

The Schwan's Home Delivery Team
Honored Contributor

Re: This is the email I received from Schwan"s Foods

Goodness. So very sorry for you and his family.  That's very alarming.  I'll keep you in my prayers for continued good health.

Honored Contributor

Pro:

That's good they are talking action...and informing their customers.

Con:

That's a whole LOT of personal information customers really don't

need to know.  

Honored Contributor

How very sad. 

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom I disagree. I think the customers need to know all the info in that email.
Honored Contributor

They could had said nothing,but i think it was good they let customers know, just in case.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

In the interest of public health (communicable disease) anyone with whom he had contact, as well as the state health department should have been notified of his death and any potential exposure risks. 

This notice seems a bit free with other information, perhaps in the interest of public relations for the company.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

In the interest of public health (communicable disease) anyone with whom he had contact, as well as the state health department should have been notified of his death and any potential exposure risks. 

This notice seems a bit free with other information, perhaps in the interest of public relations for the company.

👏👏

They need to hire you for their PR team. 
I have a feeling tons of people will be calling the 888 number

they provided asking "Have you heard anything?"

Honored Contributor

Wow, that would be a shock.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

My delivery man is so helpful. It sounds as though it could be the virus so I think it is good they shared what steps were taken.