Respected Contributor

Re: Still no Women's Figure Skating Yet and Very Unhappy!

last niight for the short program, they showed one skater and then we had to watch luge and skiing before they went back to the skating. I fell asleep before the end.

It is now almost ten in Ca and they haven't started the skating. I am already tired so dont think I will get to watch it. Grrrr. Magenta, I am with you!

Valued Contributor

On 2/20/2014 stevieb said:
On 2/20/2014 kachina624 said: I've decided that figure skating has entirely too much arm waving. It's irritating and distracting.

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I tend to agree...

Also, add me to the list who'd like to see what a different network could do with them. NBC's coverage has grown sort of stale and heaven knows most of their commentators have been stale for years.

Gosh Stevie, I completely agree with you about the NBC Commentators. They drag out the same old people year after year. Time to get a new crew and freshen things up!!

Trusted Contributor

This is just one of the many reasons that NBC's coverage of the games is considered among the worst in the world. They waste enormous amounts of time, and other countries get to see more of the various competitions.

I can honestly say that the only part of the Olympics that I've seen at all was the interview with Bode, and that was only because it was the topic of discussion regarding the reporter's question, and the fabulous young Russian skater via another country's coverage on Youtube.

My opinion of NBC involves quite a few expletives.

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Honored Contributor

I'm retired, so I have elected to only watch the live coverage during the day on NBC Sports channel. My recollection from previous winter olympics is that it's typical for the most popular events to be held until last to keep the viewers. I'm thankful for the ability to see the live coverage and have really watched more of the olympics this year than ever. I do, however, turn it off when it switches over to NBC at 3:00 (EST). It seems every time I've turned that on it's been cross country skiing. To me, that's akin to watching grass grow.

Esteemed Contributor

I like the other coverage except curling & hockey.