Honored Contributor

Re: Spectrum Kicked Out Of New York State

My monthly cable bill is $229 a month. Today I get my bill and it's $10 more ( I live in NYC), so I call CS to ask why (I also want them to know they're not putting anything over on me I am aware of the increase). She tells me that NY state made them increase the fee for the cable boxes, she told me Texas too. I complained that my cable bill just keeps going up (I tell here Time Warner Cable use to negotiate, not Spectrum), they don't care. Either you pay or find something else, doesn't matter to them.

Valued Contributor

Before I moved to my current location, I had Cox for 14 years. I NEVER had any issues with them. I could always negotiate my bill to lower my cost. In all that time, I maybe called them 5 times with some minor issues, which were resolved quickly. Unfortunately, Cox doesn't service my area.

I had Time Warner until they changed to Spectrum for the past 4 years. I ABSOLUTELY think they are, by far, the WORST. In the past 4 years, I have called them at LEAST 20 times for major problems. Forget about trying to lower your bill.They give lower rates for new customers, and do NOTHING for people who have had their services for many years.

Honored Contributor

Spectrum and Frontier are a couple of the worst rated businesses in US. For customer service.  Spectrum is okay until you need to contact them 

Respected Contributor

LOL!

When we moved into our newly built home, we called Time Warner which became Spectrum for TV and internet.  Our daughter had lived in this neighborhood for several years and had Time Warner.  The person we spoke to said they'd have to send an engineer out to check if service was available.  I told the TW person that service was definitely available because our neighbors were using their service.  Anyway, that wasn't good enough and I was told that an engineer couldn't get out to check for at least a week!  We called Direct TV and was connected the next day and we have been satisfied.

Time went on and we were not happy with our internet service so we called Spectrum for internet and phones only.  The man who came out spent lots of time looking at our situation.  He asked about TV and we told him we wanted internet and phone service only.  After he made several calls to another installer, the home office, etc.  he told us he didn't know how to connect because we had to have it on the second floor where our office is located.  Seriously.  

Our 2 episodes with the company left us thinking that customer service simply doesn't exist.