Honored Contributor

FYI: Check over your QVC return amounts carefully.

Received a notice that some items I had returned had been credited to my account. I looked them over and thought the amounts were odd. Come to find, I had been shorted by:

$42.01

CS was great regarding the correction but the bottom line is, CHECK the numbers!!

Honored Contributor

Re: FYI: Check over your QVC return amounts carefully.

@SahmIamYou are right, but the advice to check shouldn't include just QVC because mistakes are all over the map.  I'm kind of OCD about checking everything from the supermarket tapes to the list of charges on my monthly statements.  I'd wish I could say that years go by without errors, but I feel as if I find an average of an error per month.

The single biggest error was $240 - ir may have been an "honest" double charge, but if I hadn't found it, no one else would have either.  It was not QVC related at all and a few phone calls led to a good result.

The most frequent errors I find are supermarket related and that's probably because we buy so many items during a charge period.  It has paid me to check every tape.  No major money, but still.....

Honored Contributor

@SahmIamomg -  After I wrote my first response to your advice to check QVC returns, I went off to read financial news -  mostly to follow up on some stock movements.

Nordstrom plunged today.  The why relates to your advice we should check our records.  Nordstrom announced they took a $72 million charge back to their bottom line because they had overcharged their customers because they had used an incorrect interest rate on some of their own credit cards.  They therefore didn't make the figures investors expected and the money people ran.

So - look at charges, at returns, at any interest charged - look at everything and do it everywhere.  I didn't see how the Nordstrom error was found and I don't know how many customers were overcharged.Nor did I see how any correction is being made.  I just know that's some huge error.

Regular Contributor

Wow, I would think they had to have and audit and then found mistakes.
Valued Contributor

Interesting to see your post. I was checking my return amounts compared to my credit amounts and they are off. I will have to call CS regarding this.