Respected Contributor

Re: September 11 Remembrance

@MacDUFF wrote:

@ms traditional

Those blue lights reaching into the heavens get to me, too...haunting...

what wonderful pictures.  thank you.   and thanks to the person who had the vision to create this wonderful memorial.  uh oh  weepy again.   remembering.......

Frequent Contributor

Thank you all for honoring the day and your thoughts and prayers. I was seated at my desk on the 81st floor of The North Tower on 9/11 and my husband, a NYC Fireman survived both buildings collapsing all around him.... We also lived in Battery Park City and couldn't get home for weeks. Right before 9/11 there was also a rainbow right outside of our window. I write about that in my book By the Grace of God a 9/11 Survivor's Story of Love, Hope and Healing.

Thank you all.......We must never forget!!!!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Forever in our hearts...

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

This song became symbolic with all of the memorials and funerals that happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wfYIMyS_dI&list=RD7wfYIMyS_dI

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Regular Contributor

I remember it like it was yesterday. At that time I worked for Merrill Lynch in Plainsboro, NJ. A former co-worker was killed, she was 26 years old. She left Merrill Lynch to work in NYC to be closer to her family. She was on the 93rd floor of Tower 1. My heart breaks for everyone that has lost a loved one.

Esteemed Contributor

@NAES1 wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Stunning: The photo above shows a rainbow appearing over the Freedom Tower in New York City on Thursday, - one day before the 14th anniversary of the Sept. 11 terror attacks

Stunning: The photo above shows a rainbow appearing over the Freedom Tower in New York City on Thursday, - one day before the 14th anniversary of the Sept. 11 terror attacks

On the eve of the 14th anniversary of the Sept. 11 terror attacks, stunning photos show a rainbow appearing to originate from the World Trade Center in New York City on Thursday. 

Ben Sturner, the CEO of sports marketing company Leverage Agency, has an unobstructed view of the Manhattan skyline including the World Trade Center, from across the East River. 

On Thursday morning, Sturner stepped outside of his apartment in Long Island City, Queens and onto the terrace to check the weather as part of his daily routine. 

The sight that he saw while standing outside just after 7:00am was nothing short of magical and stunning. 

.........."thank you for sharing this story with me ~US,      very much.   NAES"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^^^^^^

I thought that this story, along with photo should be posted one more time, in the event some may have missed it.

......"it was just that important to me, in viewing `for myself`, one more time, TODAY"~

I read each post. I pray for all tomorrows to be better ones~ for each of us~

NAES

Honored Contributor

Always remember:

firefighters 9/11:

We will never forget~~September 11, 2001.

Esteemed Contributor

Tonight's local news did me in. 

I was watching the part of the ceremony when the survivors were reading off the names of their loved ones who perished. 

One young man, who was 13, announced his father's name. He said that he wished he could have met his father because he heard what a courageous, wonderful man he was. (I'm crying again just writing this out). This, of all the comments that were made, really affected me and touched my heart enough to make me start to sob. When I relayed it later on to Mr. Sunny, we both started to cry together.

I don't think we as a nation will ever forget, nor do I think we should.  

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

@911 wrote:

Thank you all for honoring the day and your thoughts and prayers. I was seated at my desk on the 81st floor of The North Tower on 9/11 and my husband, a NYC Fireman survived both buildings collapsing all around him.... We also lived in Battery Park City and couldn't get home for weeks. Right before 9/11 there was also a rainbow right outside of our window. I write about that in my book By the Grace of God a 9/11 Survivor's Story of Love, Hope and Healing.

Thank you all.......We must never forget!!!!!!!!

911, bless you and your husband for what you went through. Thank G-d you came through it and survived. 

I will be sure to read your book. I've read several books, non-fiction as well as fictional, about 9/11. I very recently read "From Landfill to Hallowed Ground: The Largest Crime Scene in America" by Frank Marra, as well as an autobiography about a woman who was severely burned when the elevator stopped at her floor and fire came up the elevator shaft and consumed her (I forget her name or the title). She was severely burnt and scarred, and was on several talk shows when her book came out. There was also a book about a woman who swore she survived from the Towers where her husband worked, but as it turned out, she was never there. That was really crazy. 

I wish you great success with your book, and thank you for sharing your experiences with those of us who look forward to reading it. 

Best regards, 
Sunny

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

@sunala wrote:

Tonight's local news did me in. 

I was watching the part of the ceremony when the survivors were reading off the names of their loved ones who perished. 

One young man, who was 13, announced his father's name. He said that he wished he could have met his father because he heard what a courageous, wonderful man he was. (I'm crying again just writing this out). This, of all the comments that were made, really affected me and touched my heart enough to make me start to sob. When I relayed it later on to Mr. Sunny, we both started to cry together.

I don't think we as a nation will ever forget, nor do I think we should.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heart@sunala~'''''

You are such an interesting poster whom I hope to know for a long time.          

`You have a heart of pure GOLD`...... 

...."Your messages always has such beautiful love of meaningFUL substance.

How wonderful to know that you are here with us".

NAES