Honored Contributor

Re: Scorching Heat Dome Over Middle East: 165 F In Iran

I can't imagine anyone, human or animal (or plants if they have any) surviving that.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

I started a thread about this a couple of days ago Smiley Happy

I'm sorry I missed it.  About heat domes?  Or Iran?

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

Disclaimer:  I am NOT drunk.  hahahaha

For some reason, I couldn't post, so I tried quoting (din't work), tried posting an empty box and going back to edit (din't work).  So I logged off chrome and went in the 'regular' way, which doesn't allow me to sign off till I turn my computer off!

So I'm sitting here cracking up because I can't post.  My husband is on the phone with his friend (Iranian by way of Queens!!!) and looking at me like I'm crazy.

So back to your OP, boy is that HOT!  (and no nukes joke from me)

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

The actual air temperature in Iran was 115F.  The 165F is the "heat index" -- what the heat felt like under current weather conditions.  In any case, the temperatures are extreme and dangerous.  I can't imagine what misery people there are enduring, especially in a city where few have air conditioning!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capital-weather-gang/wp/2015/07/30/iran-city-hits-suffocating-he...

Honored Contributor

And everyone mocked AG when he warned of this not so long ago.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@goodstuff wrote:

The actual air temperature in Iran was 115F.  The 165F is the "heat index" -- what the heat felt like under current weather conditions.  In any case, the temperatures are extreme and dangerous.  I can't imagine what misery people there are enduring, especially in a city where few have air conditioning!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capital-weather-gang/wp/2015/07/30/iran-city-hits-suffocating-he...

That sure didn't come across, the headline is:

"Scorching 'heat dome' over Middle East sees temperatures soar to 165F in Iran"

We will get a temp report saying it feels a few degrees hotter, but 50 degrees?  Never heard of that.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Respected Contributor

How can anyone survive that

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, the Heat Index in Iran is record breaking but

in June, India had record breaking # of DEATHS due to the heat.  

@Ladybug724 said, "How can anyone survive that?"

Answer:  Many don't.   So sad.

"India Heat Wave, Now 5th Deadliest on Record, Kills More Than 2,300"

Respected Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

@goodstuff wrote:

That sure didn't come across, the headline is:

"Scorching 'heat dome' over Middle East sees temperatures soar to 165F in Iran"

We will get a temp report saying it feels a few degrees hotter, but 50 degrees?  Never heard of that.

Maybe because of the reflection of the sun off of the sand?  And no trees--That's what I'm thinking

Honored Contributor

I just read that the hottest temp ever recorded was in Death Valley (134*) in 1913.

But most hot temp records are for the Middle East and many of the hottest ever recorded were in the 1940's.

Also, it said the average for Iran was 114* for May.